Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 04:36 AM   #31
Innobrain
Innobrain began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR800S
I installed the new beta firmware. As I'm not really a PDF reader i'm not really annoyed by the zoom problem. The page-turn speed and contrast are really an improvement! Keep up the good work Irex!
Innobrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:10 AM   #32
SplogSplog
Connoisseur
SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
@CoolDragon: as far as I remember, continuous page flow is not so trivial with the new adobe sdk, so that's the reason they don't have it in DR800, as in newer versions of the DR1000 firmware. Hopefully, they will find an workaround or figure out how to do this, because it's really annoying reading anything zoomed in landscape mode
But isn't it essentially the same code base for both devices now? In which case, if they could manage continuous page flow with the adobe sdk on the dr1000, then why not on the 800? If it were not working on the dr1000 I would almost want to throw the device out of the window.
SplogSplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 09:33 AM   #33
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
@SplogSplog: Does the "continuous page flow mode" exist in the Beta/RC firmware or the original firmware on DR1000s. The original firmware on DR1000s is based on poppler, which has much more usable PDF features. The firmware on DR800 and DR1000s (since beta) is based on Adobe SDK.
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #34
SplogSplog
Connoisseur
SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
@SplogSplog: Does the "continuous page flow mode" exist in the Beta/RC firmware or the original firmware on DR1000s. The original firmware on DR1000s is based on poppler, which has much more usable PDF features. The firmware on DR800 and DR1000s (since beta) is based on Adobe SDK.
Yes. I have been using the beta and now RC1 and both have the page flow features I mentioned above.
SplogSplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #35
CoolDragon
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplogSplog View Post
Yes. I have been using the beta and now RC1 and both have the page flow features I mentioned above.
All right, so this confirms that this feature is DISABLED ON PURPOSE on dr800s. Now the choices:

1. Wait for the future release as Gertjan said. But when?

2. Hopefully, hopefully, we can find out a registry hack to enable this on dr800s. IREX developers, please don't disable this during compilation (# definition) to show your respect for customers.

3. Enhance techPDF.

4. Maybe one day IREX will open source all their code, then we can hack it whatever we like.

One more sentence: from this feature disable thing, I will say IREX is a poorly managed and marketed company, although they have a very good hardware and software design team.
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #36
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
All right, so this confirms that this feature is DISABLED ON PURPOSE on dr800s. Now the choices:

1. Wait for the future release as Gertjan said. But when?

2. Hopefully, hopefully, we can find out a registry hack to enable this on dr800s. IREX developers, please don't disable this during compilation (# definition) to show your respect for customers.
damn I quite pissed off by this thing ...
I'm considering to take the time to resolve it by myself..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #37
CoolDragon
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
How? If you need help, post it here. There are quite a few hackers here.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #38
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
I notice that "Recently Added" has gone back down the Home screen to where it was before the Beta.

Any thought on how a user can re-arrange the home screen? I'd really like to move the Recently Added and Sd Card to the top right after Books.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #39
CoolDragon
Addict

You can try the CTB hack: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=ctb+hack
Old 06-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #40
luite
Connoisseur
luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dr1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
Unfortunately, this part of the firmware (uds) is not open source. You might be able to get it to work by using the file from the DR1000, if that does not work, you may need to modify the binary file.
luite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #41
repods
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by luite View Post
Unfortunately, this part of the firmware (uds) is not open source. You might be able to get it to work by using the file from the DR1000,
that is just the first thing I'm going to try..
Old 06-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #42
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Thanks - He says not to try it until after the new update and someone has had time to check it out. I'm keeping an eye on that forum and hopefully will be able to apply it soon.

I appreciate your replay as I hadn't seen that one.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #43
repods
Addict

Quote:
How? If you need help, post it here. There are quite a few hackers here.
well the first thing that I need is to know the format of those bins in the downloadable firmware.. of rootfs.bin exspecialy..
what is gboot btw ?
and what's the name of this file that is supposed to do the displaying work and that is closed source ?
Old 06-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #44
Franky
Nameless Being

interesting. i installed the first beta version. conclusion? shit, because it became extremely slow in turning pages. with the day slower. also, the guy's from Irex told me to get back to the normal software and take of the beta version. great news, it became faster like it should be. now there is another new version and guess what... i did install it and ....
indeed, it became from the start slower. i'm going to check it out for the coming day;s, bus I'm already a bit sceptic.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #45
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Some really need features are introduced, particularly the zooming.
It takes a while to understand how it works though; you need to play around for at least 10 minutes before you get it.

The pen and the eraser are working well.

============================================

Can anyone explain how the new "folder based browsing" works. I don't understand it, but I definitely would like to order my books into folders.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep it up Irex developers.

I agree with Losinka that it's important to be able to read epub books in Russian (Cyrillic letters) if Cyrillic no longer works I really want to ask you to fix that regression.

-----------------------------------------------------

Last edited by martienne; 06-05-2010 at 04:07 PM.
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote