Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
mmc_mac
mmc_mac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle a la uno
I think I have found the right place!

Hello, I stumbled across the mobileread forums while researching readers and let me just say...WOW...there is a ton of information in here and I cant wait to decide which device will work for me so that I can start putting it all to good use. I currently reside in southeast Texas. I have to travel ever so often for my job and spend at least a week away from home so a reader would make things easier and more organized (not to mention lighter than lugging serveral books from one hotel room to another).

Thanks for putting together a great site!
mmc_mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, mmc_mac and Welcome to MobileRead.

Check out our Wiki (look at the top) and click on "dedicated e-book devices" to see a list of those currently avaialable.

Don't hesitate to ask questions and you'll find the perfect one for you.

Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Oh, yes ... welcome. If you are looking for information, just don't wander into the Llounge. They'll twist your brain into a pretzel there, they will.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi mmc_mac and welcome to MobileRead. I have a Sony 505 and it is great for travel.

Be sure and let us know what you finally decide on.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Oh, yes ... welcome. If you are looking for information, just don't wander into the Llounge. They'll twist your brain into a pretzel there, they will.
And Ricky will be the chiefest twister.

But she's right.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post

Even with a wet splint!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello and welcome! If you're a traveler and a reader, you will love an ereader.

But whatever you do, stay out of the lounge.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
mmc_mac
mmc_mac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle a la uno
ok I think I have been sufficiently scared into never venturing into the lounge

I have decided to get a Kindle (K1). Just bought a gently used one and the great thing is that it should be delivered Friday just as I get home from my trip! I cant wait!...already saving websites that are offering free ebooks and have not been this excited since my last trip to the bookstore... **that was about 3 days ago hehehehe**

Thanks again for all the info and help

Oh yeah and the spouse is j-e-a-l-o-u-s
mmc_mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmc_mac View Post
ok I think I have been sufficiently scared into never venturing into the lounge

I have decided to get a Kindle (K1). Just bought a gently used one and the great thing is that it should be delivered Friday just as I get home from my trip! I cant wait!...already saving websites that are offering free ebooks and have not been this excited since my last trip to the bookstore... **that was about 3 days ago hehehehe**

Thanks again for all the info and help

Oh yeah and the spouse is j-e-a-l-o-u-s
Well, in my most humble opinion, you made the right choice, but I may be predjuced.

Looked at the books we have here lately?

You know you can download the Kindle1 users guide in pdf to your computer, right? Go here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200317150

And click on "Kindle1 Users Guide, pdf"

It will also come pre-loaded on your k1.

Also, look at the "about your Kindle" pdf.
This will be the paper version you get with your K1.

enjoy!!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post

But she's right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Even with a wet splint!
Hey!! You guys are supposed to be my friends!!

Jeez!! pshrynk is waaaay more twisted than I am and he's a freakin' moderator!!

Old 03-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #11
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Hey!! You guys are supposed to be my friends!!

Jeez!! pshrynk is waaaay more twisted than I am and he's a freakin' moderator!!

I hear it isn't easy being GREEN.

It doesn't sound like a cake-walk being RickyMaveety either.

(Did someone say cake? Is it chocolate?)

I hope you're repairing quickly Ricky. How's the bodywork coming along?
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #12
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
I hear it isn't easy being GREEN.

It doesn't sound like a cake-walk being RickyMaveety either.

(Did someone say cake? Is it chocolate?)

I hope you're repairing quickly Ricky. How's the bodywork coming along?
Eh, I'm still getting through most days in a haze of drugs. Mind you, I am stone cold sober (and feeling like complete crap) before I get into the car to drive anywhere, but the rest of the time ... high as a farking kite.

And ..... now I can't get Kermit the Frog singing "It's Not Easy Being Green" out of my head. Aaaaaaaaaargh!!!

What's worse is I'm also craving chocolate cake. Will the torture NEVER END??
Old 03-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #13
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
And ..... now I can't get Kermit the Frog singing "It's Not Easy Being Green" out of my head. Aaaaaaaaaargh!!!

What's worse is I'm also craving chocolate cake. Will the torture NEVER END??
Probably not, but we can usually be bribed to take a break.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

This better? Enough cake?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #15
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Probably not, but we can usually be bribed to take a break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You people are simply evil. Eeeeeevilllllll!!