Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #31
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
How can you use Gerogia fonts? If you add it as you explained to the windows on right hand side, it will be called embedded font and it will slow page turn in LRF from 1 second to 3-5 seconds.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #32
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
i havent Noticed any slow downs... i do have the 700 though.
and page turns are 1/10th (or less) of a second.

I also Use sony ebook library to sync, so that precaches some data instead of processing on the reader

ooh video of Georgia in action, page flipping.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
grainy, but it shows what i ment it to show.

Last edited by Andybaby; 01-17-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #33
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
i havent Noticed any slow downs... i do have the 700 though.
and page turns are 1/10th (or less) of a second.
Ah, then it explains everything...probably.
Maybe 700 has a lot more powerful CPU and handles embedded fonts nicely. although it might tax battery more than necessary? dunno. But I believe it is a plausible explanation.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #34
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Ah, then it explains everything...probably.
Maybe 700 has a lot more powerful CPU and handles embedded fonts nicely. although it might tax battery more than necessary? dunno. But I believe it is a plausible explanation.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...451#post328451

my take on battery life.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:18 AM   #35
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Good point Astra--In my experience with the 505, embedded fonts significantly slow page turns. Not something you want to do!

Thanks for putting the time into making your tutorial Andybaby!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2009, 04:29 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yes, margins on the top and bottom are important as well. the text on a page needs white space to breathe and allow the eye to circulate freely. it makes for a much more comfortable reading experience overall.
Agreed. I use margins of 10px all around for Sony files in BD.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote