Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-22-2022, 02:43 AM   #1
bigpallooka
Connoisseur
bigpallooka began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo/Tablet PC/Desktop/Laptop
Does 'Copy to Library' distinguish file type?

I use multiple libraries, including a 'Work Library' where I store books until they are processed by adding or correcting metadata. I then use the function to 'Copy to...' and select the appropriate calibre library.

My question is this:
When I try to add a book that is a duplicate it warns me of the existing book, but unlike when adding a book from a folder using the 'Add Book' function, it doesn't list the existing book format. Can I presume that it is the same file format I am trying to copy to that library, or do I need to physically check the book that exists in the 'Copy to...' library?
bigpallooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
duplicates are based on metadata not file formats. When a duplicate is found it just means another book entry exists with similar title.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2022, 04:16 AM   #3
bigpallooka
Connoisseur
bigpallooka began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo/Tablet PC/Desktop/Laptop
Thanks for the quick reply.
bigpallooka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copy to, duplicate, file format