Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #16
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think it was 2.11 that occurred at. It increased battery life by about 20% IIRC.
You're probably right. I think 2.10 was Mobipocket, and 2.11 was the throttling? That seems to fit what I remember, but I'm not positive.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That sounds right to me!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2008, 09:23 AM   #18
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Yes, I want to chime in a bit here... the key phrase in the roadmap is "if possible". The plan is to definitely upgrade to a 2.6 kernel, and definitely add firmware support for larger battery sizes. But whether we can actually implement any kind of sleep or hibernate mode is very uncertain at this point.

Once we get a bit closer to that milestone we'll start looking into it and see what we can see. In the meantime, take it with a large grain of salt! But thanks for your enthusiasm and support! If you have any ideas for other iLiad improvements (or if you find any bugs) feel free to add a new ticket to the project! (You'll need to register first, but that's easy.)
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #19
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post
Yes, I want to chime in a bit here... the key phrase in the roadmap is "if possible". The plan is to definitely upgrade to a 2.6 kernel, and definitely add firmware support for larger battery sizes. But whether we can actually implement any kind of sleep or hibernate mode is very uncertain at this point.
Do you have working drivers for 2.6? I think there were some beta drivers out for the USB/Wifi, but I don't know what the state of their development is (or how stable they were). The list time I saw anything about them, they were missing implementations of some of the library calls that the iLiad needed.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #20
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Honestly, at the moment we're working on the first couple of releases (2.13 & 2.14). I haven't personally looked at 2.6 issues yet, but it's possible other people have. I suppose that whatever issues we find, we'll cross them when we get there.

It's also possible that we could try to find a 2.4 kernel with backports of the 2.6 power management stuff. There are plenty of options, I think.
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #21
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post
It's also possible that we could try to find a 2.4 kernel with backports of the 2.6 power management stuff. There are plenty of options, I think.
From what I saw, there are patches available that you can apply to a 2.4 kernel source tree that will give you some of the power management stuff that was developed for 2.6. I don't know if it'll support the specific hardware in the iLiad, but it's a start.