Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-10-2015, 11:26 AM   #1
Markqz
Markqz began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
CC with Kindle on Android Tablet

I'm having trouble getting Calibre to attach to my Android tablet in a reasonable amount of time. It has been suggested that I use CC instead of the Calibre device manager.

My concern/question is how CC will (or won't) share files with the Kindle app on the tablet.

1. Will it/can it send .azw files to the Kindle reader (like the Calibre app)
2. Will I end up with 2 copies of any Kindle book (one in the CC library, and one in the Kindle library) ?

I know I could use the CC trial version answer these questions, but I'm wary of apk's that don't go through the Play Store.

Thanks,
Mark
Markqz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I don't have the answer to your question, but it should be listed in this FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markqz View Post
I know I could use the CC trial version answer these questions, but I'm wary of apk's that don't go through the Play Store.
I'm not sure where you may be looking, but the CC demo version can be found in the Play store.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-10-2015 at 01:24 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2015, 04:03 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm not sure where you may be looking, but the CC demo version can be found in the Play store.
+1 for this. The demo version is definitely in the Play store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markqz View Post
1. Will it/can it send .azw files to the Kindle reader (like the Calibre app)
CC will accept azw* files. You must tell CC that it should accept them in CC's settings, and you must set the directory to one that the kindle app will look at. The FAQ answer discusses how to do this.
Quote:
2. Will I end up with 2 copies of any Kindle book (one in the CC library, and one in the Kindle library) ?
Only if the Kindle for Android (K4A) makes a copy, and no version of K4A that I know of has made copies. Do note that K4A is one of the few brain-dead android apps that does not integrate with Android's file-type system. There is no way for CC or any other app to open a specific book in K4A. CC will open K4A's library, but it will be up to you (the user) to navigate to the specific book.
Quote:
This concerns me. Where else is it being offered? Is someone actually pirating a free app?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:35 PM   #4
Markqz
Markqz began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Sorry about the APK reference. This was part of my speed-reading system where I save time by skipping every other line ;-)

I'm trying out the CC demo now.

Thanks,
Mark
Markqz is offline   Reply With Quote