Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
rwmcafee
Connoisseur
rwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it is

Device: none
Title problems with 'with' and 'and' being changed to ampersand

As the title says, I'm having problems when I'm working with updating/changing the metadata on the Edit Metadata screen. If the title of the book has either the word 'and' or 'with' (without the quote marks) in it, and I use the swap author and title green arrows back and forth, these two words will change into an ampersand.

I've looked and can't find any switch to turn this behavior off. I would like the book title to stay the same as the actual book, without having to go back and changing it again. So, I'm hoping that there is a simple solution to this problem

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ron
rwmcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmcafee View Post
As the title says, I'm having problems when I'm working with updating/changing the metadata on the Edit Metadata screen. If the title of the book has either the word 'and' or 'with' (without the quote marks) in it, and I use the swap author and title green arrows back and forth, these two words will change into an ampersand.

I've looked and can't find any switch to turn this behavior off. I would like the book title to stay the same as the actual book, without having to go back and changing it again. So, I'm hoping that there is a simple solution to this problem

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ron
I think you simply found a 'Gotcha' of moving a title through the authors field.

Joe Blow and Sam Smith need to be separated by a &, not 'and' because each Author has its own Author Table record.
When a title lands in the Authors field, it needs to be fixed if it has 'and'

The cure is to use the correct add books REGEX template or use 'read from metadata' (instead of 'from file name')
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
rwmcafee
Connoisseur
rwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it is

Device: none
Fair enough. That explains the 'with' problem also when it goes through the author field.

Oh well.

Thanks for your explanation.

Ron
rwmcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmcafee View Post
Fair enough. That explains the 'with' problem also when it goes through the author field.
There is a tweak for this. In the Tweaks section of the preferences, look at the "Splitting multiple author names". You can change this so it doesn't split on "with". Or you can add other words to be split.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is a tweak for this. In the Tweaks section of the preferences, look at the "Splitting multiple author names". You can change this so it doesn't split on "with". Or you can add other words to be split.

I had forgotten that tweak.

The down side, is you are disabling/laming the helper to avoid the fixing of something that should not (or a very small occurrence) have happened in the first place.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert