Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm not sure that I see the point of a stand like this. Isn't having to reach out every few seconds to press the page turn button rather annoying? I'd much rather be holding the reader, with the page turn button under my thumb.

What is the benefit of such a stand?
For those who have small hands or arthritis a stand is a must for long term reading. I can't hold the kindle one handed for long and I can't turn the page with my thumb. I have to use my other hand to turn the page. So I hold the Kindle with both hands, after awhile my arms lock up and start to ache so a I use a stand with a pillow desk on my lap to read or I sit at my desk with my stand to read on my K3.

I also like to use it when I am lying on my side in bed sitting it next to me. I also read this way with a paperback.

Stands are also great when eating, when you just can't put that book down because it's soo good.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #17
cmargm
Enthusiast
cmargm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
You are always able to sneak one finger out and not that finger!

Quote:
But how would you turn the page?
cmargm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #18
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
I'm not sure that I see the point of a stand like this. Isn't having to reach out every few seconds to press the page turn button rather annoying? I'd much rather be holding the reader, with the page turn button under my thumb.

What is the benefit of such a stand?
I like to read when I eat, and the way the light is situated directly above the table, I need the ereader to be on an angle, or the light hits it directly. I used to prop the reader up with whatever was handy - a stack of coasters, etc. - but the viewing angle was not the best, and the ereader would often slip.

Yes, you have to reach over to turn the pages, but my eyesight is still pretty good and I can get away with having the text quite small so I don't have to push the button (or swipe) too often.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #19
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Yup, going to the restaurant I use to try finding something to prop the k3 at a proper angle to allow reading. Reaching out momentarily to "page turn" is not a big deal but is certainly more convenient when eating and reading.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote