Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
QU2C371FcY
Enthusiast
QU2C371FcY began at the beginning.

Device: none
Removing DRM from a PRC file retrieved from android

For whatever reason, a book I purchased is not compatible with my Kindle DX. It is compatible with my Android phone, so I'd like to try to remove the DRM from it, and get it working on the Kindle.

The problem I am having, is every software asks for the kindle serial number. My android doesn't have that. Do I have any options here?
QU2C371FcY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by QU2C371FcY View Post
For whatever reason, a book I purchased is not compatible with my Kindle DX. It is compatible with my Android phone, so I'd like to try to remove the DRM from it, and get it working on the Kindle.

The problem I am having, is every software asks for the kindle serial number. My android doesn't have that. Do I have any options here?
Find Apprentice Alf and you'll then be able to find what your options are.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
QU2C371FcY
Enthusiast

After some digging, I found this thread, and it makes sense
[LINK REMOVED]

However, I think it's outdated. Not to mention that the Kindle App I have on my phone is one of the pre-installed apps, so I can't truly remove it.

Last edited by QU2C371FcY; 06-18-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The link you posted is outdated. But also, you will need to remove the link as it's against the rules to post links to DRM removal information.

Do a search for Apprentice Alf and you'll be able to find out what you you want to know.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
QU2C371FcY
Enthusiast

JSWolf, i removed the link. Aprentice Wolf posts the same information as that link. I am starting to think I am out of luck.
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QU2C371FcY View Post
JSWolf, i removed the link. Aprentice Wolf posts the same information as that link. I am starting to think I am out of luck.
When you find the appropriate result looking for Apprentice Alf, it's not a forum you want.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If your trying to swap a DRMed file between devices, they are designed not to do that. The DRM locks that file to the device downloaded. The file may also be a KF8, and I don't know that they ever updated the DX to use them.

If you download the file to the DX, that file will be locked to the DX. It will also be sent in the correct format for the DX. You can also go to the 'Manage My Kindle' page and have a file for the DX sent to your computer and transfer via USB.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote