Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #16
gloups5
Member Retired
gloups5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo vox
Can we be sure that before adding features all the buggs will be resolved
it's been since november when I bought mine that the sleep function doesn't work properly awefully long if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJason View Post
We don't comment on features still under development since we may change direction at any time. Rest assured we're working on some cool additions to Vox that should be available in the coming weeks.

Best,
Jason
gloups5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #17
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloups5 View Post
Can we be sure that before adding features all the buggs will be resolved
it's been since november when I bought mine that the sleep function doesn't work properly awefully long if you ask me.
I'm not sure where they are on this issue now, but I do think the sleep-of-death issue is a stumper for the Kobo team and I know that they have been looking for solutions. They had thought they had found solutions for it at each update and none of their solutions have worked. I would bet that they are not ignoring the SOD bug on account of adding new features, but it doesn't mean new features shouldn't be added.

I was on the Beta Tester group and I know that after this last update, there were LOADS of questions about SOD, when it was happening, why it might be happening, etc. Don't assume that by adding new features, the bugs are being ignored.
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #18
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
C'mon....c'mon....c'mon...

Knock, knock.....we are all anticipating tweaks, fixes, and perhaps a new or enhanced Vox firmware feature!!!

C'mon Kobo Team...we keep checking the virtual mail box.... (smile).
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #19
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader Paradice View Post
C'mon....c'mon....c'mon...

Knock, knock.....we are all anticipating tweaks, fixes, and perhaps a new or enhanced Vox firmware feature!!!

C'mon Kobo Team...we keep checking the virtual mail box.... (smile).
Should be coming soon, only 8 days left in February! This is based on the below info...
In a different thread, here is what KoboJason said:

Hi everyone,

The screen not sleeping while in the reader is a software problem that has been fixed for the February software release. We apologize for not catching this problem sooner.

In addition to fixing this bug, you'll find some new features in the next update that I'm sure you're going to like. We'll be posting a message here on MR as well as our website once the software update is available for you to download to your Vox.

Thanks for your patience,

Jason
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #20
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Should be coming soon, only 8 days left in February! This is based on the below info...

Hi everyone,

The screen not sleeping while in the reader is a software problem that has been fixed for the February software release. We apologize for not catching this problem sooner.

In addition to fixing this bug, you'll find some new features in the next update that I'm sure you're going to like. We'll be posting a message here on MR as well as our website once the software update is available for you to download to your Vox.

Jason
------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the head's up, Chantal!
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #21
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
looking forward to this update, no issues with Vox but new features are welcome

might have to avoid forum for a bit, keep away from the complaints about auto posting to timeline
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:20 AM   #22
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post

Hi everyone,

Jason
Good news. As others have noticed, new features are welcome. Bring it on KV team!
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #23
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

if we are getting an update in Feb looks like its going to be a last minute release
Old 02-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #24
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
If I had to hazard a guess, it would be that it'll be more like March release
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #25
paulsalter
Fanatic

sadly it looks like you could be right, been looking forward to getting an update for last few days
Old 02-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #26
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Sometimes ship dates slip. But ya never know: there's still about 36 hours left to February in North America (and about 32 in Toronto, where I think their developers are based).
Old 02-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #27
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's hoping that update is in fact pushed today, and with it comes fixes to many of the 'glitches' that have been plaguing some of us Vox owners. My 2 month old unit, which has always suffered from the battery draining 'wake from sleep' bug, has over the last 3 days decided that it wants to throw in 3 or 4 sleep of death events per day. Not happy, as likely the only way to likely 'cure' it for a while is with a factory reset. I feel as that is going to do nothing other than waste my time, having to set everything back up again.

Oh well. Fingers crossed
Old 02-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #28
paulsalter
Fanatic

heres hoping, must be about start of the work day now in Canada ?

Ideally when it come out it wont be a US/Canada initially, means I won't have to wait an extra few days to get it

be great if it does fix the problems people are having, be nice to se some happy kobo customers
Old 02-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #29
Kboland
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
must be about start of the work day now in Canada ?
Yep, it's 10 before 9am, sitting in my lab, hoping for a firmware push
Old 02-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #30
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
I have just downloaded an update is it the hoped for fix discussed in this thread for the SoD issue? My Vox keeps powering off in hibernation then when I manage, with diffuculty, to get it going again the WiFi has switched itself off. This is a nightmare as the Vox is for my elderly computer not savvy Mum.
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote