Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #1
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Wiggle-Waggle glitch

Very often, I do some proof reading on a wee Samsung 10" netbook. It's ideal for the job and gets me away from the desk into the fresh air on the terrace for a while.

A month or so ago, the screen suddenly went blank (light grey) and then, a few seconds later, came back on again. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but it started to happen every few minutes yesterday.

I soon found I could get the screen to display again simply by changing the angle of the screen to make it a tad more upright.

Is this likely to get worse? If not, it's no big deal. Would be grateful if anyone could alert me, though, if it's something to worry about.

Thanks and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
There is a thin VGA ribbon cable that runs from the mother board to the display, through one of the hinges. Sounds like you have a loose connection at one end of this cable, or the cable itself has an issue. I am only speculating really, but it sounds like this could be the case. I would start by re-securing both ends of the cable to see if this makes a difference. Google is your friend for tear down pictures and instructions.

P.S. I have a Samsung netbook too and I love it!

Edit: See this link, and other links on the thread: http://www.sammynetbook.com/plugins/...opic.php?49020

Last edited by CyGuy; 05-12-2010 at 12:27 PM.
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:23 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Many thanks Cyguy. I'll take a look right now. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote