Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2009, 01:39 AM   #1
braver
Enthusiast
braver has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Amazon Kindle DX
DX -- a thin line on the screen

I see a thin line on the left hand side of my DX's screen, which always seems inverted. Is it a part of the hardware, or a defect? It's about half-inch away from the left edge and is mostly seen on the top part.
braver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:31 AM   #2
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
Have you tried a reboot? Hold the on switch (on the top of the Kindle) over to the right for 25 seconds and then release. Let it reload and see if that helps.
If that doesn't help, call Kindle Customer Service.

luvshihtzu

Last edited by luvshihtzu; 09-30-2009 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Forgot to add instructions for customer service
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I concur - there should be no line on the screen. If a reboot doesn't fix it - do call CS & get a replacement!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
nanapanda
nanapanda began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Thin lines and thick lines and blobs apparently sometimes go away with 15 seconds of reboot, but mine didn't and they are sending me a new one. the question for you guys is whether anyone thinks this phenomenon could be from being too close to "EZ heat" reusable handwarmers. My screen developed lines the first day that I had both my Kindle and the hand warmers in my pocket book. THe handwarmers say don't put in the microwave and could easily have iron as the chemical that produces the heat. Anyone.. any ideas>

Last edited by nanapanda; 10-17-2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: miswrite
nanapanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:20 AM   #5
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Why would iron affect the Kindle though? I doubt the handwarmers are magnetic, and even if they were, they'd corrupt the device memory rather than ruin the screen. If you meant that the handwarmers were actually warm in your pocketbook, then it could be an issue, although you'd expect a random pattern on the screen, not a straight line.

Most likely, it is just a hardware defect or software glitch.
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert