Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 05:05 AM   #1
sultan111
sultan111 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Fingerprints?

My name is Sultan. I have an HP Pavilion dv6500 notebook which comes with a fingerprint reader. When i first bought it it worked fine. Then my laptop had to be restored and I do not know if the fingerprint reader feature was deleted. I cannot find it in the section Programs in the Control Panel and I would like to know if there's a way to get it back to normal.
sultan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:12 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Your best bet is probably to contact HP's technical support and ask them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sultan111 View Post
My name is Sultan. I have an HP Pavilion dv6500 notebook which comes with a fingerprint reader. When i first bought it it worked fine. Then my laptop had to be restored and I do not know if the fingerprint reader feature was deleted. I cannot find it in the section Programs in the Control Panel and I would like to know if there's a way to get it back to normal.
The fingerprint reader software on my Thinkpad got broken last year sometime by a Windows update. I suspect the same thing might have happened to you. I would suggest visiting HP's tech support and/or user forum and see if you can get updated drivers or whatever.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote