Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer arrives in the U.S., sells out almost immediately
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...t-immediately/
26 April 2011
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Apple will soon file a lawsuit saying they have rights to products selling out immediately.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Apple will soon file a lawsuit saying they have rights to products selling out immediately.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
I hear the next targets on Apple's must be sued list are Golden Delicious, Pippin and Granny Smith.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
OMG! You people are hilarious! Keep'em coming! I need to laugh today!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post
I hear the next targets on Apple's must be sued list are Golden Delicious, Pippin and Granny Smith.
Nah, Pippin was another of their projects. I hear they're going after Jonathan though.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
zespectre
BookMonkey
zespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: NOOK, iPod Touch, Asus Netbook
<sigh> I'm such a hopeless tech-addict/consumer drone. I have no real use for the Eee Pad Transformer but I still want one. Maybe one of my friends will get one and let me play with it.
zespectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by zespectre View Post
<sigh> I'm such a hopeless tech-addict/consumer drone. I have no real use for the Eee Pad Transformer but I still want one. Maybe one of my friends will get one and let me play with it.
Apparently it has a hard glass screen, which is highly reflective and prone to pick up finger prints. Also, the display would be next to impossible to read outdoors, in bright light. Have I managed to put you off it yet?
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Nah, Pippin was another of their projects.
d'oh!! who knew but they are perilously close to infringing on a Dickens charater. Good thing it's no in the public domain!!

Quote:
I hear they're going after Jonathan though.
oh the horror, looks as if I better take an ax to that dwarf Jonathan I have let live in my back yard for 6-years now. Time to fire up the chain saw, I want it to be quick and painless.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #10
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Nah, Pippin was another of their projects. I hear they're going after Jonathan though.
Surely you don't mean our own JSWolf do you? Why would they pick on him?
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcorner View Post
Apparently it has a hard glass screen, which is highly reflective and prone to pick up finger prints. Also, the display would be next to impossible to read outdoors, in bright light. Have I managed to put you off it yet?
1x anti-glare film: no more reflections, no more finger prints and you'll keep the screen scratch free too.

And who would want to read outside on anything but a transflective or e-ink screen anyway? I really wonder how many people who complain about the readability of such a screen actually use it outdoors (those times they go out to prove their point excluded).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #12
zespectre
BookMonkey
zespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: NOOK, iPod Touch, Asus Netbook
Quote:
Helpful...but still not stopping me <grin>.
zespectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #13
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Any photos yet of it's robot mode?
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #14
grumpy3b
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
1x anti-glare film: no more reflections, no more finger prints and you'll keep the screen scratch free too.

And who would want to read outside on anything but a transflective or e-ink screen anyway? I really wonder how many people who complain about the readability of such a screen actually use it outdoors (those times they go out to prove their point excluded).
wellll, given you live in a country that sees the sun on a WARM day, what? a day or two every decade? (hehehehe....teasing!!) how would you folks even KNOW what the Sun is compared to us in places like SoCal or even more southerly latitudes on south facing coasts/beaches because (above the equator anyway!!) our winter solstice sun sits higher in the sky than your Summer solstice sun does.

We here live in the sun, period. It's ingrained in our culture and we never think twice about it. Basically we feel if a persons wants to live indoors in doom & gloom move to the PNW, North Dakota or Northern NE. We are outdoors all the freaking time here. Well most of us who aren't from somewhere else anyway. So daylight reading is a very common activity here.

Last edited by grumpy3b; 04-27-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #15
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
It's an interesting device, not for reading of course. But I think I do want one. Probably wait for the next iteration though.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote