Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #16
guyjack
Edge User

So that means that they do not care what we think and are only focused on getting 'new' customers, or that they seem too busy working to look at the forum? I prefer to think that they are planning a big surprise party for us 'forumites' and are planning a gift of Froyo for us very soon!

Old 03-25-2011, 01:27 AM   #17
Augaire
Edge User

I'll cling to that good news for now.

Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 11:04 AM   #18
ivan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko View Post
Wow - some good news and some Bad News. The Bad News is that the Customer Support Person is a Marketing Type, evidenced by spastic capitalization and unnecessary adjectives ("skilled Engineers"). Also, evidenced by inaccurate information, since it's impossible that the Skilled ENGINEERS are testing Honeycomb.

The good news is that it appears that, indeed, no one from EnTOUraGe is reading this blog, so we can all just be patient and have a snack or something while waiting for news from them.
Actually not impossible because Honeycomb apparently does not have any hardware restrictions - it might be a bit slow on our equipment but, in theory, it should work.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #19
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
the latest android version
Wouldn't it be something if enTourage actually did spring Honeycomb on us instead of Froyo, and hence the delay we've seen? "latest android version" can only mean Honeycomb (3.0) as Froyo is at least 2 versions older (2.2 Froyo, 2.3 Gingerbread).

Old 03-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #20
Glow
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Wouldn't it be something if enTourage actually did spring Honeycomb on us instead of Froyo, and hence the delay we've seen? "latest android version" can only mean Honeycomb (3.0) as Froyo is at least 2 versions older (2.2 Froyo, 2.3 Gingerbread).
I would be beyond shocked if we got Honeycomb. I don't think it's been available long enough for them to be working on it, for one thing.
I have a feeling the enTourage contact was referring to the latest version previously announced/planned for this device (i.e. Froyo).

Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #21
borisb
Edge User

Maybe at enTourage 2.3 and 3.0 don't exist in their world view

Old 03-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #22
Michealj
Edge User

OR, it could explain the extraordinarily long delay for the upgrade to come. If they did scrap the earlier version and jump to 3.0 it would easily explain the issue with a vendor unable to supply the needed updates in a timely fashion. Let's embrace GuyJacks admonition to think kinder and friendlier thoughts. Perhaps, just perhaps they are trying to give us the latest and greatest. If so, that upgrade would be extraordinarily marketable and force the people with little understanding of the eDGe to take notice. I'm sorry, but this is about as positive as I can get. Enough for now, I have lots a reading, writing and annotating to do this weekend.

Regards,

Micheal

Old 03-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #23
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow View Post
I have a feeling the enTourage contact was referring to the latest version previously announced/planned for this device (i.e. Froyo).
This seems the most plausible interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow View Post
I don't think [Honeycomb's] been available long enough for them to be working on it, for one thing.
Yeah, that would be a very short development/user testing timeframe. But if honeycomb is what they're working on, I'm going to pee myself the day it's released.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #24
sarah11918
Edge User

Just because I don't know, is multi-touch only a matter of a software upgrade, or does it require different hardware? Am I wrong in thinking that Honeycomb is multitouch? Just wondering whether that's an issue for us.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #25
borisb
Edge User

Multitouch requires different hardware. (It does require corresponding software support, of course.) I'm assuming the current LCD panels don't support multi-touch, though...

Old 03-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #26
JBrondos
Edge User

I guess I'm going to find out about tech support. I just noticed when doodling on the e-Ink side that there's a space about the size of a penny on which the stylus doesn't work. Whether freehand or ruler or shape, no mark can be made in that small section . . . . I guess as long as I'm waiting for an upgrade, I might as well have it sent to the shop.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #27
NiaTrue
Edge User

You should try recalibrating first. If that doesn't work, then I'd call tech support.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:11 AM   #28
lorenzoens
Edge User

FROYO is the answer

Thank you for the continuous reply.

[...]

For your second concern, the latest Android version that we will release is the Android 2.2 or FROYO. Honeycomb is for Android 3.0; our website (www.enTourageedge.com) will maintain up-to-date information, so keep an eye on it!

[...]

Monith Isiderio,
enTourage System Customer Support

Old 03-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #29
gecko
Edge User

Meaning - ENtoUrAge has a non-native English speaker in customer support. Next step, in my book, would be to find out where this person is from, and whether he or she has any restaurant recommendations. *After* that, we can get back to discussing the eDGe.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #30
lorenzoens
Edge User

Gecko: you seem to be what we non-native english speakers call "a troll"