Notices

Old 09-08-2022, 04:11 AM   #16
Nightsinger
Nightsinger began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
It works on my Inkpad Color.
Dosn't work with mine inkpad Color (PB741). addon shows "No PocketBook reader found"
Nightsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 04:25 AM   #17
Nightsinger
Nightsinger began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsinger View Post
Dosn't work with mine inkpad Color (PB741). addon shows "No PocketBook reader found"
Ok, it works. Another plugin (PocketBook improved driver) was interfering with this one.
Nightsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 01:38 PM   #18
Titorico
Titorico began at the beginning.

Device: PB 632
Hello !

Thanks for this plugin, works well with my PB632, Calibre 6.9 and OSX Monterey.

I've seen that it will be hard to import the read status but there's a kind of filter in my PB which is "bookcases", and you can create them as you want (read, to read, beloved, etc) and after put easily a book there straight from the PB.

So my question is it conceivable to use that kind of folder/list of books through your plugin with a lil' bit of coding in Calibre to synchronise a metadata and those bookcases ?

Thanks !
Titorico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 03:14 PM   #19
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titorico View Post
Thanks for this plugin, works well with my PB632, Calibre 6.9 and OSX Monterey.

I've seen that it will be hard to import the read status but there's a kind of filter in my PB which is "bookcases", and you can create them as you want (read, to read, beloved, etc) and after put easily a book there straight from the PB.

So my question is it conceivable to use that kind of folder/list of books through your plugin with a lil' bit of coding in Calibre to synchronise a metadata and those bookcases ?

Thanks !
For this IMHO it is best you ask the dev of the PB device driver plugin. Its aim is syncing metadata between calibre and the PB database: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=345618

It claims to sync the completion state (a yes/no state), so (s)he seems to have gotten the matching part working. Collections are mentioned as a todo.
wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 06:12 AM   #20
EricTyson
EricTyson began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook era
Hi There,

I am currently trying to figure out how to get annotations from my PB700 (Era) to my computer. Thus I installed the PB-tools and ran the "fetch / merge annotations" command. Unfortunately I got this response, any idea / tip what I am overseeing?

Code:
calibre, version 6.12.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NameError</b>:name 'db' is not defined

calibre 6.12  embedded-python: True
macOS-12.3.1-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '21.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 21.4.0: Fri Mar 18 00:45:05 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.101.4~15/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 3.10.1
OSX: ('12.3.1', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Pocketbook Tools (0, 9, 6)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.pocketbook_tools.ui", line 488, in show_mergefix_annotations
    report += 'Nothing found to fix for %s<br />.' % db
NameError: name 'db' is not defined
I am using Calibre 6.12.0 and my PB700 runs on U700.6.7.1555.
EricTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 04:11 AM   #21
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTyson View Post
Hi There,

I am currently trying to figure out how to get annotations from my PB700 (Era) to my computer. Thus I installed the PB-tools and ran the "fetch / merge annotations" command. Unfortunately I got this response, any idea / tip what I am overseeing?

Code:
calibre, version 6.12.0

('Darwin', '21.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 21.4.0: Fri Mar 18 00:45:05 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.101.4~15/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 3.10.1
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Pocketbook Tools (0, 9, 6)
  File "calibre_plugins.pocketbook_tools.ui", line 488, in show_mergefix_annotations
I am using Calibre 6.12.0 and my PB700 runs on U700.6.7.1555.
Hi, use the "Export Highlights to HTML" option instead. But it will likely report the same error, as the database can't be found. Odd. My PB is now also at firmware 6.7, and works OK with Calibre 5 and the plugin. It is possible the highlighting database has been relocated, at least for a new stock Era reader.

Could you try these things:
1) locate the "books.db" file on your Era, and provide its exact path? (that should be system/config/books.db). If that fails, try and find any file with a .db extension (should be 5-6 at most, pick the most likely ones except the explorer.db).

2) enable debug messaging for the plugin via "Customize plugin" > bottom most option, and provide a log with more details.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:27 PM   #22
EricTyson

Yap, I also saw the "Export to HTML" option. Though found the output too clumsy to feel happy to work with.

1) I did find the
Code:
books.db
in
Code:
/Volumes/PB700/system/profiles/eric/config/books.db
2) Not quite sure I got you right. I got

Code:
calibre, version 6.12.0

Python 3.10.1
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 51, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 51, 0) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 51, 0) && KFX Input (1, 51, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 66, 0) && KFX Output (1, 66, 0) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Pocketbook Tools (0, 9, 6) && WordDumb (3, 28, 2)
What I did was: Connect my era, mark one book with notes, then pressed "merge/fix annotations on device".

Hope this is roughly what you had in mind??
Old 02-16-2023, 01:40 PM   #23
wold
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTyson View Post
Yap, I also saw the "Export to HTML" option. Though found the output too clumsy to feel happy to work with.
Its very basic, yes. The HTML export can be copy-pasted into excel/calc for further processing. Else you are better off with the "Annotations" plugin (needs a fix though, read on for that).

Quote:
/Volumes/PB700/system/profiles/eric/config/books.db
Seems like a normal 'profile' type path, except these are usually called 'default' (instead of eric). PocketBookTools should be able to handle these. But it relies on the explorer-3.db for the usernames, perhaps it fails there... (I'm not aware of a change there though).

About the 'Annotations' plugin: it uses two fixed books.db paths instead, that cover(ed) 99,9% of the cases. That will need work, hence Annotations likely won't run for you now. If in a hurry, dig in your PB settings for user profiles, and rename your 'eric' account to 'default', then Annotations should pick it up.

Quote:
2) Not quite sure I got you right. I got
No, this is the error message, what is needed is a full debug log, capturing actions by Calibre and the plugin.

If you want to go with 'Annotations' instead you can skip doing this, though it might help with 'Annotations' as well. Otherwise, it should suffice to open a terminal, and run
Code:
calibre-debug
or
Code:
calibre-debug -g
See also: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=330391

You should then see additional text output in the terminal, describing actions you make when using the program. It's this info that is needed. Don't forget to enable debugging in the plugin as well, as described.

Last edited by wold; 02-16-2023 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-16-2023, 03:42 PM   #24
EricTyson

Cool, disabling profiles gets me back to default instead of eric in the directory name. And now annotations does work!
I guess I will leave it with that, since my terminal answers the 'calibre-debug -g' with a 'zsh: command not found: calibre-debug'

Many thanks for the help wold!
Old 02-18-2023, 06:23 AM   #25
vls
vls began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Lux Touch 5
Doesn't seem to work on my lux touch 5

I have been having trouble connecting my lux touch 5 with calibre on linux. Installing this plugin does not seem to help.

It is a slight improvement to without the plugin as the jobs "get device info" and "set library info" work, but calibre is not able to "Get list of books on device".
vls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 07:38 AM   #26
vls
vls began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Lux Touch 5
the corresponding error message in debug mode

This is the error i receive in debug mode:
Quote:
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 225, in do_connect
dev.open(detected_device, self.current_library_uuid)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 716, in open
self.open_linux()
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 577, in open_linux
raise DeviceError(_('Unable to detect the %s disk drive. Either '
calibre.devices.errors.DeviceError: Unable to detect the DIVA disk drive. Either the device has already been ejected, or your kernel is exporting a deprecated version of SYSFS.

Last edited by vls; 02-18-2023 at 07:39 AM. Reason: formatting
vls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 12:22 PM   #27
valzi
valzi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I have a Pocketbook Era. All the menu options are greyed out and it says no Pocketbook Reader Found. Any ideas?
valzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 01:41 AM   #28
wold
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by valzi View Post
I have a Pocketbook Era. All the menu options are greyed out and it says no Pocketbook Reader Found. Any ideas?
Do you use a Mac by any chance?

If not, some more info is needed. Could you please connect the device, and post the output of the following dialog:

- Preferences->Miscellaneous > debug device detection

Or whatever details the Era reader. (For privacy you can remove the last 5-6 digits or so of the serial).

Tags
calibre, plugin, pocketbook