Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
Talking New JetBook Lite owner in FL

Hey everyone!

After lurking around these forums for information about the two readers being promoted by Fictionwise this holiday season, I bit the bullet and ordered myself a JetBook Lite last week during the 15% bonus ebook credit promotion on top of the $50 credit that is still going on. I've had it since Christmas Eve and just updated the firmware and loaded a bunch of novels, crochet patterns, workout manuals, cookbooks, recipes, and game FAQs on a 4 GB SD card.

It's taken me a while to make the jump since I've been reading Mobi and secure eReader files on my Palm Treo 650 for years, but I'm loving the larger screen real estate and reduced eye strain. And, for the first time, I have a viable pocket size PDF reader.

I looked at the Kindle 2 but I don't care about OTA book purchasing and already own 200+ titles in the unsupported secure eReader PDB format, so that was out. The Nook, pretty as it is, is still too great a financial investment for me at this point. I needed a reader that could handle DRM-eReader and PDFs for the most part, so that brought me to Mobileread for some owner reviews of the JetBook/JB Lite and the Foxit eSlick.

So thanks to all of the helpful members of this forum for all of the candid information about each of these readers. I'm very happy with my decision (can't beat $76 for a multiformat ebook reader and another $75 in ebook credit ), and look forward to participating in the community here.
causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:10 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi causticmuse and welcome to MobileRead. Like you, I read books on my iPaq for years but, once I got my hands on an eInk reader, I never looked back. They are much better on battery life and a lot easier on the eyes.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
heyyy! welcome to mobileread! there are a lot of really interesting people here who know about the jetBook so if you ever have any questions just make a post
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
Thanks for the welcome cassidyM and LuBiB!
causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote