Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #16
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The rubber blue button is one of the reasons I don't think I'll buy a Kobo because I'm sure after a year or two it'll crack or tear and then all kinds of junk will get in the insides.
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #17
aleccj1
Techie
aleccj1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (3G + WiFi), Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
There's another thread somewhere where someone has a "dye" from a cheapie eBook cover that's "infiltrated"/penetrated his D-Pad cover.
BTW, I PM'd that Kobo employee you recommended yesterday. No reply as of yet . However, it seems like the stain is "fading". It's still kind of noticable. But only a little less annoying .

I use an eyeglass cleaner for regular cleaning.
aleccj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #18
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by terifili View Post
OK, I tried, eyeglass cleaner, clorox wipes, goo gone... Nothing worked yet...
Magic Eraser?
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #19
terifili
Enthusiast
terifili doesn't litterterifili doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Magic Eraser?
that is my next try...
terifili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #20
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... because I'm sure after a year or two it'll crack or tear and then all kinds of junk will get in the insides ...

My SquareTrade warranty will cover that repair job. As well as a replacement battery down the line, too.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #21
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
>> ... because I'm sure after a year or two it'll crack or tear and then all kinds of junk will get in the insides ...

My SquareTrade warranty will cover that repair job. As well as a replacement battery down the line, too.
Isn't the battery the same as the Pocketbook and other Netronix developed units? If so, once you disassemble the battery is just an unplug/plug situation. The pics of the teardown show it is quite possible. From memory it is a 3.7v 1000mah li-ion.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote