Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Stanza nightview question

I tried out Stanza in nightview and it was flashing white at every page turn. Is that normal, or am I doing something wrong? I switched to the Buefire app's nightview, which worked fine, but I'd like to know about Stanza nightview for future ref.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Just tested it with diverse pdfs and epubs... nope, I don't see any flashing. Sorry, your ipad had aids =(
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Thanks. Apparently it's AIDS that's related only to Stanza.

Wonder whether it's visible only in a completely darkened room or such. I tried Stanza nightview that way so I could gauge how well it would work for stargazing.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
stargazing... awesome! but wait I think there are two animations for page transition I think... one that slides the page and the other one that "turns" the page. I only tested the sliding one.

edit: just tried the other one... still no flashing. Try reinstalling Stanza, perhaps that'll help.

Last edited by darknessangel; 01-11-2011 at 02:20 PM.
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
did the same to me, but i think it had to do with certain animation. it's been a while since i've used stanza on the ipad though.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
AintLDS
No soliciting
AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage and iPhone 8 Plus
Mine does the same sometimes - a reboot cures it. Stanza has some issues with the multitasking on the iPad. It would be nice if they released an update with bug fixes.
AintLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
Maggie Leung
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLDS View Post
Mine does the same sometimes - a reboot cures it. Stanza has some issues with the multitasking on the iPad. It would be nice if they released an update with bug fixes.
Thanks. Good to know. Will do.