Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-31-2014, 10:52 PM   #106
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I had to phone Kobo about one of my Sony accounts credit not transferring & discussed the Harry Potter books. There is no link for them through Kobo because you have to download them from the Pottermore site which limits the number of downloads to 7 or 8. I forget exactly.

I also had The Cuckoo's Calling without a download link. He tried telling me that was Pottermore until I corrected him that that was only the HP books. Then he saw that apparently it was bad file so redownload it from Sony while you can & I'll send in a ticket. Ya ya, I have it but just saying, if my computer dies, then what.
Yeah, I think Pottermore is eight downloads. Linking it to B&N, Amazon and other sites they support (Kobo is one of them) counts as a download. Once it's linked, you can download from those sites per their limitation. I'm guessing that since Kobo makes their own readers, it's only downloadable in KEPUB. I verified last night that I have the Alf'd copies from Sony, and as you mention, they can always be downloaded directly from Pottermore.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #107
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
I had a few books that were on the Sony transfer list but not visible in my Kobo library. Turns out I had downloaded a sample to check for Adobe epub download-ableness, bought from Sony and deleted the sample.

Books are there, just in the Trash. Undeleting the samples synced the Sony books with my Kobo library.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2014, 03:02 AM   #108
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
I had forgotten all about this so I went online to check this out, only to see that the store had been closed. I checked my gmail account and I had received no emails from Sony, other than the one telling me that I would receive an email soon. I checked the spam and trash folders and nothing. There is nowhere on either the Sony or Kobo site where you can request a new email sent out and of course now, I am too late. Although the Sony reader store is still able to log into, and it shows all my books, I cannot get at them. Going online, there are a lot of frustrated people complaining about this.

Explain to me again how DRM helps the user?
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote