Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #91
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Mine transferred 166 of 218.

Of the ones they say didn't transfer a bunch are on the Kobo site sometimes with more than one edition
I hadn't actually thought to check that. It might be worth raising to Kobo support. I'm not sure any of the ones that didn't transfer for me are even worth checking.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #92
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Has anyone else not gotten the link?
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #93
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
Has anyone else not gotten the link?
You are not alone - there are several of us who have not received the transfer email yet - see the "Sony email" thread in the News forum
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:20 PM   #94
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
One good thing I noticed from this is that the Harry Potter books are now in my Kobo library. Pottermore offered Kobo as an option, but I suspect, like some of the other options, it's not valid in the US. I had transferred them to my wife's Nook account, my Amazon account, my Google Play account, and my Sony account (using four of the ?eight? "downloads" allowed), but Kobo and several other account types are grayed out on my Pottermore purchase page and Pottermore support was no help. I downloaded them from Sony back when I first purchased them and Alf'd them, so having them on Kobo is just a bonus.
Just noticed that the Harry Potter books in my Kobo library don't have a download link, so I guess they're KEPUB. Not a big deal since Alf is my friend.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:59 AM   #95
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I got my email the other day and al of my books transferred over.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2014, 09:35 AM   #96
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Finally got my email this morning, and all of my 47 books made the transfer. Nice having them consolidated on one store's site, although the combined libraries are about half of what I lost when BoB closed.

Thank goodness for Calibre.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:06 PM   #97
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Got the link this morning. 16 books did not transfer.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:10 PM   #98
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Just noticed that the Harry Potter books in my Kobo library don't have a download link, so I guess they're KEPUB. Not a big deal since Alf is my friend.
I had to phone Kobo about one of my Sony accounts credit not transferring & discussed the Harry Potter books. There is no link for them through Kobo because you have to download them from the Pottermore site which limits the number of downloads to 7 or 8. I forget exactly.

I also had The Cuckoo's Calling without a download link. He tried telling me that was Pottermore until I corrected him that that was only the HP books. Then he saw that apparently it was bad file so redownload it from Sony while you can & I'll send in a ticket. Ya ya, I have it but just saying, if my computer dies, then what.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:10 PM   #99
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
None of the books that I purchased during the LRF days made it over - only Epubs. It's not that big a deal because I have them, but one would think they would make the effort to hook me up with the Epub versions.
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:28 PM   #100
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccowie View Post
None of the books that I purchased during the LRF days made it over - only Epubs. It's not that big a deal because I have them, but one would think they would make the effort to hook me up with the Epub versions.
You're saying Sony didn't switch your BeBB/LRX books over to ePub back when they went ePub in 2009 like their policy was?

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-31-2014 at 09:38 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:38 PM   #101
benham
Guru

Quote:
I never thought of that. Did they list them in the other column?
Old 03-31-2014, 09:41 PM   #102
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I remember there were a few that didn't get moved from lrx to epub back in 2009. Apparently, Sony depended on the publishers to provide the epub and there was some issues. I went through and did a comparison at the time. There weren't any that I was particularly concerned about.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:49 PM   #103
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I remember there were a few that didn't get moved from lrx to epub back in 2009.
Ahh, didn't realize that.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:59 PM   #104
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You're saying Sony didn't switch your BeBB/LRX books over to ePub back when they went ePub in 2009 like their policy was?
No. I had no idea there was such a policy.
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:00 PM   #105
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
No. I had no idea there was such a policy.
They switched peoples LRX books over to ePub when they first made the switch in their store. Apparently as pwalker8 pointed out there were a few titles that never got switched.