Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #76
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
I got them from Google Play. Rather have an android anyway. Lots of WOOT deals coming up.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #77
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
That is my plan too. Am I correct that the books have to be downloaded (not just listed) on the device by March 20?
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I understood that to mean just download in general not specifically to the device. Therefor, as long as they're downloaded on your computer you can drag & drop to your device or use Calibre etc whenever you want/need to.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #78
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They are all downloaded to my Sony Reader software on the PC, but I have version 3.3 and haven't figured out how to copy each book to the hard drive. I can move the entire library in to Calibre, but that doesn't help. I also have it on a thumb drive.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:14 PM   #79
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Benham, when it's downloaded into Reader for PC it's automatically downloaded to your hard drive. Go to your Windows Explorer and look for the Reader folder. All your books are in there. I've had a Sony reader since the 300 which was in 2009 and all of their software from that point onwards has worked the same way. They're on your computer if they're in your Sony Library.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #80
benham
Guru

I tried that. The Sony Library is in the folder, along with all the .dlls, and you can open it and read books, but can't move them out of the library.
Advert
Old 02-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #81
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
I tried that. The Sony Library is in the folder, along with all the .dlls, and you can open it and read books, but can't move them out of the library.
What's stopping you from moving them? Are you getting an error message when you try? If so, what's the message?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:14 AM   #82
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
I have both Library and Reader on my PC, and both directories have my downloaded Adobe epubs in them.

Try directory *Username* > My Documents > My Books > Reader Library (or 'Reader') and see if you have better luck.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:29 AM   #83
benham
Guru

Thank you, thank you! That is where they are!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:53 PM   #84
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!

I'm glad you got it figured out. It sounded like maybe you were accessing the books from the device while attached to your computer which is not what I meant.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:10 PM   #85
benham
Guru

Well Sharpmaster figured it out. What you said made sense. I was surprised the books weren't in the Sony folder. Got them now, though.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:37 AM   #86
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
I got my email today and already transitioned my library. 81 of 90 transferred. They instantly gave a detailed list of what transferred and what didn't. The few that didn't transfer were all free titles that weren't a big deal. Much smoother than the Fictionwise -> B&N transition.

Here is the email I got which mentions firmware updates for the T1-T3 ereaders.

Quote:
March 29, 2014

Dear Reader Store Customer,

On March 20, 2014, Sony's Reader Store closed and we are now transferring customers to Kobo, where you can continue to access and read the eBooks you purchased from Reader Store.

We are fully committed to helping you through this exciting transition to Kobo. With the Kobo Store, you'll have more than 4 million of the world's best eBooks, magazines, comics, and kids' titles at your fingertips.

You can transfer your library to Kobo by following these 2 simple steps:

Click on the personalized, unique link below. Please note that this link is for your library only and should not be shared with anyone else.

URL REMOVED

Click "Get Started," and then sign in with an existing Kobo account or create a new Kobo account.
You'll then see a list of all of your eBooks that transferred from Sony to Kobo.

Remember, as long as you complete this process by May 31, 2014, any remaining Reader Store credits you have in your account will also transfer to your Kobo account. Sony's Reader for PC/MAC software has been updated to link directly to the Kobo Store. You will now be able to purchase, download, read and transfer Kobo eBooks to your Sony Reader via USB. An initial update for the PRS-T1, PRS-T2 and PRS-T3 Reader devices is expected in April, with additional purchase functionality coming in late May.

This will be the last communication from Sony regarding the transfer to Kobo. In the future, you may receive reminder notices from Kobo to transfer your library if you haven't completed the process. You may opt out of the Kobo service messages at any time.

Should you encounter any issues with this process or have any additional questions, please see Kobo's FAQ here or contact Kobo's customer support department. Click here for their contact information.

Thank you for reading with us! It has been our pleasure to have you in our reading community.

Sincerely,

The Reader Store Team

You are receiving this email in connection with your transaction with Reader Store. This email will not impact your status with regard to your email subscriptions. Please do not reply to this message. This mailbox will not accept incoming messages. Please use the Help link at Reader Store to submit any questions or comments to Reader Store Customer Support.

PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS OF SERVICE

© 2014 Sony Electronics Inc. Sony, Reader, their respective logos are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All third party marks and logos are the property of their owners. All rights reserved.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:42 PM   #87
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
One good thing I noticed from this is that the Harry Potter books are now in my Kobo library. Pottermore offered Kobo as an option, but I suspect, like some of the other options, it's not valid in the US. I had transferred them to my wife's Nook account, my Amazon account, my Google Play account, and my Sony account (using four of the ?eight? "downloads" allowed), but Kobo and several other account types are grayed out on my Pottermore purchase page and Pottermore support was no help. I downloaded them from Sony back when I first purchased them and Alf'd them, so having them on Kobo is just a bonus.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:51 PM   #88
benham
Guru

My daughter got her email, but wife and I have not. She lost 8 books that Kobo did not have.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:22 PM   #89
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Mine transferred 166 of 218.

Of the ones they say didn't transfer a bunch are on the Kobo site sometimes with more than one edition
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:33 PM   #90
benham
Guru

Well that aint good.