Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
Jhorra
Jhorra began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Stuck on Updating firmware now

I just got this reader as a replacement for my 505. I turned it on for the first time, and it wanted to update the firmware. I went ahead and let it, and now it seems to be stuck in a loop where it says updating, after a while it says the update failed, then after a while again it restarts on it's own and immediately tries the update again. I can't get it to do anything, none of the buttons work. Now matter how long I push in the reset button it doesn't do anything.
Jhorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Go to the Sony Reader Troubleshooting Guide and read the instructions on performing a Hard Reset'. This process will delete any books currently on the Reader.

I don't know of any updates for the 600 firmware. Are you sure it's the firmware and not an update to the Sony Reader Library on your computer?

BTW, are you U.S., Europe or elsewhere? It may be useful in troubleshooting certain problems.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Jhorra
Jhorra began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
After trying several more times, I got it to recognize the reader on a different computer, and it let me run the update software again. Everything is working correctly now.
Jhorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
The Sony telephone support has been very helpful to me on several occasions.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote