Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #16
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Random thought: make sure that the drive E: (the device's main memory) is not also allocated to a network drive that may or may not be connected. My concern is the wide split between the memory drive and the launcher drive. They are normally next to each other.
Just wondering if the OP got his/her reader working yet. I was just trying to setup one of of my coworker's Sony Reader with calibre and had the same problem and it was in fact the problem stated above. I had a mapped network drive in the middle of where the Sony wanted to map it's drives and hence calibre didn't detect it properly. I remapped the network drive to Z: and it worked fine. So I would make sure all your drives go in order i.e. C:, D:, E: no gaps. As I had Cmain OS), DCDrom), ESecondary Partition) and then G: was a mapped drive on the network, so the Sony was trying to F:, H:, I: and it couldn't mount G: drive as it was being used.

To sum up make sure your drives are mapped in a continuous order or there is enough space to fit 4 drive continuously, i.e. I mapped my needed network drives to Y: and Z: so there is lots of room in between now.

Hope that helps,

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote