Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #36571
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
It's November 5th in the USA and my wife and I just came back from making the world safe for democracy.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #36572
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
And we're all very grateful.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #36573
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I'll be taking the Little Man (and my camera) to the polls this afternoon. One of these years there is going to be a candidate that I want to vote for instead of one I vote for because he/she sucks less.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #36574
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I'll be taking the Little Man (and my camera) to the polls this afternoon. One of these years there is going to be a candidate that I want to vote for instead of one I vote for because he/she sucks less.
Dream On!
Old 11-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #36575
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Well .... just got home from Goldie cat's annual comprehensive cardiac examination at the NCSU College of Veterinary Medicine. Goldie has a congenital heart defect that she apparently ignores - she has always been just as active as the other 2 cats and has never (knock on wood) shown any symptoms. She gets 2 meds daily to control her BP and prevent clots/thromboses and remains a trim 8 pounds. Her heart condition will progressively worsen as she ages, so she gets yearly exams to monitor the changes and tweak her meds. We've been going there since 2005.

Today, after several hundred dollars of echocardiographs, EKGs, X-Rays, etc. - we got wonderful news! There was no progression in her condition from last year's tests. In fact, she is now more active - downright feisty - and the docs were very happy with her condition! So she can stay on her current meds - that she happily swallows in a Fancy Feast meat ball. And we can all relax for another year.

She is our miracle baby - that adopted me in the cat shelter and insisted on coming home with me. She knew we'd take care of her.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thinking goldie.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	114734  
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #36576
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
It's Election Day today in the USA.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #36577
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
It's Election Day today in the USA.
Everywhere else Guy Fawkes Day is drawing to a close... watch that bonfire!
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #36578
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
More like it is "Choose between two craptastic choices and pray that they are not as sucky as you think they are" day.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #36579
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
More like it is "Choose between two craptastic choices and pray that they are not as sucky as you think they are" day.
Maybe Election Day in the USA should be called "Who are You Voting Against? Day" or "Lesser of Two Evils Day."

But I suppose I'd better stop here before someone introduces partisan politics into the thread.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:01 AM   #36580
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Just a four more days until my vacation, so I'm making to-do, to-buy and to-pack lists. Today's tasks: go to the pharmacy and drug store, dig out my weekend bag, copy my music library to my external HDD and update my notebook.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #36581
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
I bought Sony Cybershot camera which is apparently (very) high class idioten aparat. Been sweating over settings and how to use it, frustrated all evening. I will wait 1 year and when my son turns 7 he will explain it to me
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #36582
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just got home after a 2-1/2 hour meeting with my boss trying to explain why the Affordable Care Act didn't produce affordable health insurance. And why the company health insurance premiums are skyrocketing. And why the exchanges aren't working. And why I spent the summer watching endless webinars to prepare myself for this meeting .....

Playing solitaire instead of attending the webinars would have been just as useful to prepare for this meeting.

My brain is the consistency of cottage cheese ...
My head hurts ....
Guinness isn't helping ....
I'm too tired to move this post to the Vent & Rant thread ....

If anyone calls .... I've died ...
Think I'll take a walk and never come back .....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #36583
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Sitting watching our remote IT support colleagues in India take remote control of my laptop to try to get Google Hangout to work. So far they have been at it for 4 hours and 22 minutes, and still no luck. Good job I had nothing better to do...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #36584
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Just got home after a 2-1/2 hour meeting with my boss trying to explain why the Affordable Care Act didn't produce affordable health insurance. And why the company health insurance premiums are skyrocketing. And why the exchanges aren't working. And why I spent the summer watching endless webinars to prepare myself for this meeting .....

Playing solitaire instead of attending the webinars would have been just as useful to prepare for this meeting.

My brain is the consistency of cottage cheese ...
My head hurts ....
Guinness isn't helping ....
I'm too tired to move this post to the Vent & Rant thread ....

If anyone calls .... I've died ...
Think I'll take a walk and never come back .....
Poor pooh. And in the end the bossman still didn't get it, did he?

I'm wondering what the new definition of AFFORDABLE is supposed to mean in the context of the ACA. Our company is renewing our health coverage a month early (Dec 1st instead of Jan 1st in order to keep the cost increase down to ONLY 53% (which has nothing to do with our experience rating). If we waited until Jan 1st, the increase cost because of the ACA would be OVER 65%. It's insanity!
Old 11-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #36585
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Sitting watching our remote IT support colleagues in India take remote control of my laptop to try to get Google Hangout to work. So far they have been at it for 4 hours and 22 minutes, and still no luck. Good job I had nothing better to do...
Huh! I did something like this last night, but it was the Hearing Aid tech rep taking control of my computer to try to make the programing interface device initialize. The computer recognized it, the software to run it was properly installed (this techie was the one who wrote the software program) but no matter what he did during the two hours he was adding, subtracting, slicing and dicing, the software would not initialize the interface!

On the plus side, things are sure quiet around here...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?