Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-06-2010, 07:24 AM   #1
lostatsea
lostatsea began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Country setting in Reader Store

Does anyone know how to change the country setting in the reader store?

I use gift certificates instead of credit card. The store thinks that I am still in Canada so blocks access to most of the books I want to read. I find this aggravating to say the least.
lostatsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
Nvidiot
Connoisseur
Nvidiot began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Edit -> Preferences -> Region -> United States.
Nvidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
lostatsea
lostatsea began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Mine was already set as United States so it must be keying off of something else. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Any other ideas out there? It has been over two years since I first started my account and I had a Canadian credit card back then so I assumed it picked the country off of the billing address, but now without a credit cart to enter I don't know how to change the setting.
lostatsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I think it picks up the IP address and uses that. I tried changing my info to US with a US address and credit card while in Canada but it wouldn't accept it.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I think it picks up the IP address and uses that. I tried changing my info to US with a US address and credit card while in Canada but it wouldn't accept it.
I don't think it's IP related. I'm in Japan and I use the Reader store with the setting on United States with no problem. I did initially set up the account in the US though, so I might be wrong.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
I don't think it's IP related. I'm in Japan and I use the Reader store with the setting on United States with no problem. I did initially set up the account in the US though, so I might be wrong.
I set the Reader store setting to US from here in France. Still haven't gotten it to take my US credit card (because the billing address is here in France), but a friend buys me gift cards in the US and I just gave her address when they asked for a home address to validate my purchase.
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I have not purchased a book from the store yet, though set up my account from get-go with a valid US address (Borderlynx).

Will try tonight.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I downloaded the latest software and made the mistake of setting my country, during the software installment, to UK. I had to uninstall the software (after saving it to an external hard drive) and reset to the US. I was having problems being recognised by the bookstore as I was originally registered as being in the US.
Maybe you'll need to reinstall the software and tell it that you're in the US.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote