Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-30-2010, 03:57 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
2. There is currently no accepted standard for dictionaries or other reference works in ePUB. That means reading software cannot know "how" to look up words or entries in a dictionary. Therefore, publishers haven't published dictionaries in ePUB format, and reader's don't include a dictionary lookup function.
As you say, there's no accepted standard, but there are a number of ePub devices on the market which do have dictionary lookup. Eg, the Sony PRS-600 and 900, the Pocketbook devices, and the Onyx Boox 60, to name but a few.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:01 AM   #17
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
As you say, there's no accepted standard, but there are a number of ePub devices on the market which do have dictionary lookup. Eg, the Sony PRS-600 and 900, the Pocketbook devices, and the Onyx Boox 60, to name but a few.
But I believe they have their own built-in dictionaries, don't they?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:19 AM   #18
lemontree255
lemontree255 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Alright thanks.

I've tried both 1.5 and 2.0 and they are both buggy as hell (won't jump to pages forward, get stuck and crash). I'm going back to my old firmware.
lemontree255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:25 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
But I believe they have their own built-in dictionaries, don't they?
The Sony does; the PB and Onyx devices can use dictionaries in some relatively standard format, I believe. Certainly there's a range of them available. As far as I know, though, they are all public domain dictionaries, not modern "commercial" ones. That's not an issue with me, because my only real use for dictionaries is in reading 18th and 19th century novels, so 19th or early 20th century dictionaries are fine for that. I'm using the 1913 Websters on my PB360.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:26 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontree255 View Post
Alright thanks.

I've tried both 1.5 and 2.0 and they are both buggy as hell (won't jump to pages forward, get stuck and crash). I'm going back to my old firmware.
That's odd - we've had very few reports of instabilities with the new firmware. Indeed, many people have found that they've fixed the issues they were having with the older firmware versions.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:47 AM   #21
lemontree255

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's odd - we've had very few reports of instabilities with the new firmware. Indeed, many people have found that they've fixed the issues they were having with the older firmware versions.
I mostly read off txt and html files. I has no problem before jumping to any random page with the "goto" feature, this didn't work on either the 1.5 or the 2.0 firmwares. I converted my files to epub files for the 2.0 software and I still couldn't skip to page or "go to last page".

I just reflashed with 1.2 Build 796, and its working fine. I'll sacrifice folder view for being able to actually read the books in the manner I want.

Maybe my old cybook doesn't behave well with the new firmware? Anyway happy enough with it as is, if a new firmware is released I might look at it but meh.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:17 PM   #22
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontree255 View Post
Maybe my old cybook doesn't behave well with the new firmware? Anyway happy enough with it as is, if a new firmware is released I might look at it but meh.
I have an old Cybook (64 MB), and it works wonderfully with 2.0, maybe you have some corrupt flash/card/files? I don't use the "Go to" feature much, but when I have, I've had no problems. I've only suffered some "hang during boot-up" lately, but no crash during reading.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:37 AM   #23
lemontree255

Quote:
I have an old Cybook (64 MB), and it works wonderfully with 2.0, maybe you have some corrupt flash/card/files? I don't use the "Go to" feature much, but when I have, I've had no problems. I've only suffered some "hang during boot-up" lately, but no crash during reading.
Odd indeed, didn't work for me on various books, html, txt, epub etc.

Dunno.

And one book wouldn't open at all after a while (txt).
Old 02-03-2010, 06:04 AM   #24
Reis
Reis began at the beginning.

Device: boox 60 onyx
Hi to everyone!
I have an onyx boox and I am getting crazy because I cannot install any dictionary. It simply does not work. I know I may sound a little unexperienced, but the fact is I am completely lost! can anyone help me? Thanks!
Reis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #25
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reis View Post
I have an onyx boox and I am getting crazy because I cannot install any dictionary. It simply does not work. I know I may sound a little unexperienced, but the fact is I am completely lost! can anyone help me? Thanks!
See http://booxusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #26
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Anyway this part of Mobileread is dedicated to the Bookeen's liseuse, not to other manufacturer, your question is completly in the wrong place.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #27
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrunner View Post
I converted some of these http://reciteword.sourceforge.net/stardict/babylon.php to Mobipocket and bought Collins English to Spanish for $6. They all work like a charm.
Hi Skyrunner, can you explain how to convert babylon dictionaries to Mobipocket format? Thanks.
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #28
Diana123
Diana123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello everyone,
Can anyone tell me where I can find and install a Bulgarian-English Dictionary for my kindle and which kindle this is available on.
Thank you in advance
Diana123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Why on Earth have you resurrected an ancient thread in the Bookeen forum to ask a completely unrelated question about the Kindle? Why do you think we have a Kindle forum?
Old 12-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #30
LeoBookworm
LeoBookworm began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Odyssey + Kobo mini
Hello,
I apologize in advance, for I am not very good in technique, so please be patient ;-)
I have read this whole thread, and I still have a question:

A bit of context first:
As a very happy owner of a kobo mini, I tend to offer e-readers to my reading friends.
The Kobo Mini is no more available, and I had studied the cybook products, so I last bougt 3 odyssey to offer for Christmas, one HD Frontlight (which comes under the Carrefour NOLIM name), and 2 cybook odyssey basic.

My problem is that I need to give them "ready to use", and I've been spending ages trying to find an English dictionnary that would work like the one I have on my Kobo.
I found and installed the En-Fr dictionnary, but at least two of the people I'm offering the e-book to would much prefer to have an En-EN dictionnary. I found the link where I could download 5 dictionnaries, including and En-EN.
I downloaded it directly in the e-reader. It is there, I checked. But if I underline a word in an English ebook it only gives me the translation in French.

Where are the parameters I need to change if I want the en-En dictionnary, rather than the En-Fr to be used?
Is there a way to keep both in the e-reader, or do I need to delete the translating one?

Thanks a lot for your answer, I put many books in the 3 readers, and the ppl will need to access dictionnaries.
LeoBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote