Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Magazines?

Do you read magazines?
I have a few in .pdf, but I can't zoom on them?
at least not enough to make them legible.
Any suggestions or should I just abandon them until a later generation of readers?
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
I'd say the latter. I've not found the 505 conducive to PDF's other than pure text (and even that's been a recent development)

Luckily I read 100% fiction on mine and it's splendid for that
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2008, 02:38 AM   #3
C6REW
Connoisseur
C6REW has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis 1
Hi JGB,

I found exactly the same. One of the things I wanted to do was read some photography magazines. The direct pdf is pointless and the conversions mean I am missing the photographs and sometimes with one word per line!

So I have as mcramer suggested abandoned all hope for the Sony being able to do this. I currently have a Samsung Q1 tablet pc and will continue to use this for pdf's if necessary.

Best regards

Chris
C6REW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
tgharold
Enthusiast
tgharold began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I doubt that reading magazines will be simple until the magazine publishers get on board and publish with the device size in mind.
tgharold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Fictionwise offers several magazines in LRF format for the Sony. Titles like Analog.

Calibre has a series of routines that allow you to download directly from many magazines and create LRF files. This is great if the magazine you want is among those freely available on web sites.

Since you already have the the PDF copies of the magazines and they are not the text oriented ones in the two examples above, try PDF read for conversion of the PDFs for reading on the Sony. It is the best product I have found.

Good luck.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert