Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #286
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomichele View Post
I tested on Kobo, it works
I failed at first because I was working on the folder of the old install, instead of the "/vlasovsoft" one.
thanks again for your great work, sergeyvl12. I look forward to trying the programs on the Kindle Non-Touch.

To Ken,
exiting cr3 (or whatever the auto-started app is) brings me to the launcher menu; I guess playing with the .sh files you might be able to set it so it returns to Nickel - but I'll leave this to more capable hands to try..

Cheers
The launcher is where I would prefer. Thanks for checking it out.

OT; I guess us "premature installers" may have to remove the old folder, but, so far I haven't encountered any conflicts. I may redo the install after Sergey spells out the proper way to do it.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #287
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomichele View Post
To Ken,
exiting cr3 (or whatever the auto-started app is) brings me to the launcher menu; I guess playing with the .sh files you might be able to set it so it returns to Nickel - but I'll leave this to more capable hands to try..
Cheers
I can suggest you to change cr3.sh:

change:
Code:
exec cr3/cr3 -stylesheet $STYLESHEET
to
Code:
cr3/cr3 -stylesheet $STYLESHEET
echo "exit" > $VLASOVSOFT_FIFO
it should work, but I didn't test it.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2014, 04:43 PM   #288
rantoie
Enthusiast
rantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo aura hd
Hello,

I just tried to install on my Aura HD using the instructions on http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?...touch_glo_mini

The kobo restarts and installs the update, but then once it has restarted, I don't find the launcher anywhere... I understood I should look in my Bookshelf, but I looked there, and everywhere else I could find, but I didn't find it Am I missing something?

On version 3.1.1 of the firmware, using version 1.2.6.31 of

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9xqopxa4y....6.31_kobo.zip

edit: I got it to work! It seems like the instructions for the Aura need to include the fact that you have to copy the launcher.png to the root of the device!

thanks!

Last edited by rantoie; 01-12-2014 at 04:52 PM.
rantoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:04 PM   #289
rantoie
Enthusiast
rantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of lightrantoie is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo aura hd
Sorry if this is obvious, but I'm new to my Kobo and am trying to figure out why I would use CoolReader instead of the built-in kobo reader? Does it handle some additional formats that the built-in reader does not?
rantoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #290
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantoie View Post
Sorry if this is obvious, but I'm new to my Kobo and am trying to figure out why I would use CoolReader instead of the built-in kobo reader? Does it handle some additional formats that the built-in reader does not?
first of all, it allows you to read in landscape mode. secondly, you can specify the styles for the various formats. Thirdly, you can customise a lot of reading settings. Then, I'd suggest to try it out and see how you like it :-)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #291
michald
michald began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Why should we launch nickel from Kobo Launcher? we should just unfreeze nickel at exit. But it's a good idea to have possibility to launch some app at exit from the launcher. e.g. koreader. I'll implement it soon
I prefer to run Kobo Launcher as the main application, and then launch nickel or koreader if/as needed. This is because nickel takes up too much memory on my reader.
michald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #292
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michald View Post
I prefer to run Kobo Launcher as the main application, and then launch nickel or koreader if/as needed. This is because nickel takes up too much memory on my reader.
Now you can launch any app and exit from the launcher.

script example:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

echo "exit" > $VLASOVSOFT_FIFO # exit from launcher

# launch your app here

Old 01-17-2014, 06:42 AM   #293
michald
michald began at the beginning.

It is working well for me, nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Now you can launch any app and exit from the launcher.

script example:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

echo "exit" > $VLASOVSOFT_FIFO # exit from launcher

# launch your app here

michald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #294
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantoie View Post

edit: I got it to work! It seems like the instructions for the Aura need to include the fact that you have to copy the launcher.png to the root of the device!

thanks!
Sergey,
it seems to me that the linked install instructions in #1 are not quite explicit: First, I had to copy the Kobolauncher.png to the flashroot\Kobo (and not the Koboroot.tgz), and then, after having savely removed the device, to copy the Koboroot.tgz to the .Kobo folder.

Without Ken Maltby's clarification on this I wouldn't have succeeded with the install. Could you, please, have a look at this?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:30 AM   #295
gloriousglib
gloriousglib began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Transferring files from Notepad

Just wondering how to access the user partition in order to transfer files from Kobo to PC. (Using Aura HD and Windows 8). I saved files in notepad and I know the files are saved under Kobo's user partition, but I can't find this user partition (or any files with the name I saved) when navigating my internal Kobo or my Kobo SD card in Windows Explorer.

Thanks
gloriousglib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:50 AM   #296
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloriousglib View Post
Just wondering how to access the user partition in order to transfer files from Kobo to PC. (Using Aura HD and Windows 8). I saved files in notepad and I know the files are saved under Kobo's user partition, but I can't find this user partition (or any files with the name I saved) when navigating my internal Kobo or my Kobo SD card in Windows Explorer.

Thanks
I just tried what you did in order to understand your problem. When saving a file in notepad, you have to select the folder by pressing the two dots on the left hand side at the bottom and select then mnt/onboard to get to the "user partition." The default location of notepad is mnt (by notepad presented as "user"), which is not exposed by standard USB connection. I guess it is exposed by kobolauncher's usbnet, but I have never tried usbnet.

Last edited by tshering; 01-29-2014 at 08:14 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #297
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Sergey,
it seems to me that the linked install instructions in #1 are not quite explicit: First, I had to copy the Kobolauncher.png to the flashroot\Kobo (and not the Koboroot.tgz), and then, after having savely removed the device, to copy the Koboroot.tgz to the .Kobo folder.

Without Ken Maltby's clarification on this I wouldn't have succeeded with the install. Could you, please, have a look at this?
Thanks!

I've notices that there was an old link to 1.2.5 installation manual in the first topic. Now I've corrected it to 1.2.6. Please review it. Is everything clear?
Old 01-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #298
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Yep, allright now.
Thanks!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #299
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

@sergeyvl12

Is it still not possible to play human vs human in pbchess?
Do you plan to include this?

Thanks!
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #300
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
@sergeyvl12

Is it still not possible to play human vs human in pbchess?
Do you plan to include this?

Thanks!
It's possible now.

Make sure that you have MENU/Settings/Game/Default engine/Engine = Human.

Setting engine not human here give us a possibility to use engine even in the Human vs Human mode.