Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Free QR Code Generator

http://www.waspbarcode.com/Barcode_M...CodeMaker.aspx

Happened to stumble across that via a friend of mine. So in case you need to generate QR codes for your ebooks, print books, business cards, fliers, etc, this is a great resource for that, and even does a nice variety of formats, including text and phone numbers.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Personally, I prefer to use a standalone app rather than an online web service. The online services can very easily retain a copy of the data, particularily email addresses.

I use the QuickMark for Windows app (http://www.quickmark.com.tw/En/basic/downloadPC.asp) which will read QR codes and can generate them. There are several others out there.

I also use an "extension" that's available for the Opera browser. There are several available that will generate QR codes for the currently displayed page.

I build WordPress websites and looked into a plugin for WordPress that would place a QRcode generator on a page/post or in a widget area making it possible for visitors to create their own QR codes much like the site you list. I was quite surprised how easy it was to harvest data without real programming.
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Oh, that's very cool. Do you have any you'd recommend for Linux or Mac? I know that a number of people use Mac, and I'm a Linux user (as is quite a few other people), so if you suggest using a stand alone app, then knowing those would be useful. Google brings up a nice list for both, but none that seem to get any kind of a thumbs up from anyone.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Since I don't use Linux and rarely use MacOS I can't evaluate apps for those OS's. Perhaps some Mac and/or Linux users will chime in.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
studentoo
studentoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Very nice tool to batch generate QR Codes onilne:

http://blog.qr4.nl/Batch-QR-Code.aspx

It is very easy and reliable
Advert
Old 07-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
Edward M. Grant
Zealot
Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward M. Grant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Asus Transformer
Bit late now, but I just use qrencode on Linux. Ubuntu and Mint provide it in the repository, no idea about other distributions.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #7
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Java so it's for all systems. Not browser based, works offline
Here you go: https://sites.google.com/site/qrcode...eless-networks

Regardless of the link name, said program genetates ALL kind of QRs
Old 06-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #8
derek054
Banned
derek054 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for sharing this QR Code generator. I'll see if I can use this to create some QR Codes and insert to my PDF documents.
Closed Thread