Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
mufc
Connoisseur
mufc doesn't littermufc doesn't litter

Device: Sony 650
Calibre, download cover, metadata not working

Is this a fault of whatever server holds the metadata. It is not working at all on either computer. Just no respopnse at all
Thanks

p.s.
Internet is working
mufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Have you changed your settings, downloading is working for me, I've used it several times since updating to 0.8.6?? Or a corrupt install? Or maybe your anti-virus or firewall is blocking Calibre??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
mufc
Connoisseur

It is on 2 different computers and no changes made. I am running 8.2 , wife is running 8.6
Not only that but it was working earlier today on both computers.

Let me just say that when I had Calibre 7.57 I though it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Since jumping to 8 I have had two separate problems I have mentioned before. That does not include this one which I am not sure where the blame lies. Internet works.
Maybe I need to go back to 7.57 and resort to downloading covers with the help of
http://www.bookfinder4u.com/isbn_search.html

Last edited by mufc; 06-18-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc View Post
It is on 2 different computers and no changes made. I am running 8.2 , wife is running 8.6
Not only that but it was working earlier today on both computers.

Let me just say that when I had Calibre 7.57 I though it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Since jumping to 8 I have had two separate problems I have mentioned before. That does not include this one which I am not sure where the blame lies. Internet works.
Maybe I need to go back to 7.57 and resort to downloading covers with the help of
http://www.bookfinder4u.com/isbn_search.html
Your firewall may have been updated and needs to have calibre.exe white listed
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #5
mufc
Connoisseur

That is not it either. Windows 7 firewall is off. I run Online Armor which I shut down and still it does not work. Other Computer is running Windows 7 Firewall and that is set up properly. Just tried Fetch News and that works so Calibre connects to the Internet.
Earlier I tried to download meta data only for authors, sorting them last name first. I did this for 1200 books. It took a while and then I screwed up and hit the wrong button after it finished and my settings did not get applied. Is it possible that the server in question shut me down for trying to do too many books at once.
Grasping at straws here.
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #6
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Look in the Config Metadata and make sure you have sources, fields selected in order to download metadata.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #7
mufc
Connoisseur

Now I feel foolish. Your comment put me on the right track. When configuring my sources I deselected all of them because I thought they only applied to covers and I could speed up the DL.
Everything working now
Old 06-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #8
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Now I feel foolish. Your comment put me on the right track. When configuring my sources I deselected all of them because I thought they only applied to covers and I could speed up the DL.
Everything working now
Great to know And rest assured I've done it more than once.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Everything working now
Want you to know that I just had that one bite me

I added 25 (paper) books from ISBN and the Author and Title stayed 'unknown'

I turn OFF those as I don't usually want those stomped (I standardize author and title names) Authors are always unmixed to one form. Titles lose subtitles and Series, when part of the title).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Haha, this must be going around. I did this last night. In my case, I seemed to be getting no results from a couple of sources, and I decided to try them one at a time instead of going by the log. And naturally, I forgot to re-check the checkboxes when I was finished.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote