Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
KenIsaacson
I am what I am
KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle
Silent Counsel - "Readers will be riveted by this morally complex story." - Booklist

"A complex story and heart-pounding climax that will have readers looking forward to Isaacson's next." - Kirkus Reviews
"Readers will be riveted by this morally complex story." - Booklist
Legal Thriller at promo Kindle and Nook price of $0.99

Suppose the unimaginable: What if your child were killed in a hit-and-run? And the one person who knew the driver's identity - his lawyer - couldn't tell you his name because of a legal technicality?

Silent Counsel is the story of just such a nightmare.

After Stacy Altman's six-year-old son is run down in front of their house, with no witnesses to the tragic accident, she learns that the driver has hired attorney Scott Heller to negotiate a plea arrangement with the prosecutor. But he's instructed Scott not to reveal his name until a satisfactory agreement is in place. The prosecutor refuses to make a deal, and the court rebuffs Stacy's efforts to force Scott to tell her - or even the authorities - who his client is, holding that the information is protected by the attorney-client privilege.

Since the court won't do anything to help Stacy track down her son's killer, she takes matters into her own hands. And she's determined to make Scott talk - at any cost...

---------------------------------------------------

Upon its hardcover release, Silent Counsel appeared for four consecutive weeks on Amazon's list of Bestselling Legal Thrillers behind only two other titles: John Grisham's THE APPEAL and Harper Lee's TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD.

"Ken Isaacson is an exciting new voice in crime fiction, and SILENT COUNSEL is his stunning debut - a legal thriller with a fascinating twist that will keep you turning pages to the unpredictable conclusion."
- Linda Fairstein, New York Times bestselling author and former prosecutor

"Ken Isaacson scares us with the ultimate ethical nightmare: what if you endanger your family just by doing your job? SILENT COUNSEL is a smashing debut, with everything you could want in a legal thriller."
- Tess Gerritsen, author of THE MEPHISTO CLUB

KenIsaacson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Bought....thanks! Apparently though my comments were removed and I had to look for the book again, even though you did respond and say thanks!

What a dis-service to the author!!!! I almost couldn't find the thread because I didn't remember the title, and would not have been able to purchase.

So, this is moving it to the top, just like I did before.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:37 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well.....this was a quite interesting book, and a quite interesting take on the attorney-client privilege.

I myself couldn't put it down, and it's definitely on par if not better than alot of the Grisham books I've read.

I really enjoyed at about the half-way mark, the deposition where the court is deciding if that privilege should be lifted, that whole section, while only about 7-10 pages was just a fantastic section, and to me, stuck out.

Worth a heck of a lot more than .99 cents for sure!!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard

Added a review over at goodreads.com

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/164351405
Old 05-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
KenIsaacson
I am what I am
KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Thanks, jhempel24, for the kind words.

For those interested, the promotional price of $0.99 has been continued for the month of May.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:43 AM   #6
KenIsaacson
I am what I am

The End is Near. Of the SILENT COUNSEL $0.99 promo.

The end is near.

Not of the world (to my knowledge, at least), but of the SILENT COUNSEL $0.99 promotion. Beat the price increase, which will go into effect on June 1.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #7
KenIsaacson
I am what I am

Last chance to take advantage of the $0.99 promo price for SILENT COUNSEL.

Beat the June 1 price increase...
Old 06-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #8
KenIsaacson
I am what I am

As prophesied (and forewarned), the price Kindle and Nook price of SILENT COUNSEL increased on June 1. But it's still a great deal, at only $1.99.

So do check it out.

And you can now follow me on Twitter at @KenIsaacson....
Old 06-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #9
KenIsaacson
I am what I am

There's still time to catch SILENT COUNSEL at it's Kindle and Nook price of $1.99...
Old 11-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #10
KenIsaacson
I am what I am

At $2.99, still a great holiday gifts...
Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #11
KenIsaacson
I am what I am

FREE TODAY ONLY (December 12, 2012) to all Kindle owners...
Old 01-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #12
KenIsaacson
I am what I am

Now you can borrow SILENT COUNSEL for free from Amazon, if you're an Amazon Prime member...
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #13
KenIsaacson
I am what I am

Kindle Freebie Day today - February 8, 2013

Another Kindle Freebie day today - One day only.

In December's promo, over 35,000 copies were downloaded in a single day. Looking to break that record...
Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #14
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For the 35,000 of us you hooked last time, when's your NEXT book coming out?!?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #15
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
For the 35,000 of us you hooked last time, when's your NEXT book coming out?!?
That's a damn good question....I still remember this book, and loved it!