Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
No Oberon for the Vox

Personally I think that's dumb. I love the cases, told them as much and asked about Vox. The reply I got back was that they were not planning on adding Vox to the line.

EDIT: Basically they told me that its not cost effective for them to add other ereaders/tablets beyond those that are selling the best ie iPad and Kindle. Appreciated the response there.

Last edited by cypherslock; 11-03-2011 at 11:11 AM.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post
Personally I think that's dumb. I love the cases, told them as much and asked about Vox. The reply I got back was that they were not planning on adding Vox to the line and that "hopefully you can find something else you love" which struck me as a bit condescending. Here's hoping a premium case comes out soon for the Vox. I was looking at getting something else from them, but not after that.
I don't know the dimensions of the Vox. Will the NOOKcolor cover fit it?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Maybe its just me but if you consider their response condescending i think youre being too sensitive.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Device Size 192.4 mm X 128.4 mm (7.57 in. 5.06 in.)
Device Depth 13.4 mm (0.53 in.)
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
robdrob
Enthusiast
robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: almost every kindle,iPad,android tablet,kobo you name it
I was told the same thing by Oberon. That they do not make covers for any kobo product. Haveone format kindle 3 which they exchanged because I did not care for the felt they placed on the left hand side. However seeing that they are charging 64.00 for a cover for a 79.00 device (new kindle) in my opinion is kind of expensive. But that is how much they charge and they sell a lot of product. I would think that a cover could be made for all the kobo products.
robdrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Maybe its just me but if you consider their response condescending i think youre being too sensitive.
They explained things to me. Basically they can't afford to add other tablets/ereaders beyond the big two. And yeah I did get up on the wrong side of the bed today. Everyone's allowed to be sensitive once in a while you know. But here's hoping Vox gets some love from another manufacturer.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote