Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
Utopia
Utopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enough

Device: Iphone 3Gs, Kindle 3
How Do I Setup a Signature on my User Profile?

Hello to all!

I'm new to this forum and so far, it's been a great experience!

I'd like to set up a signature in my user profile here, but I've not been able to find this feature under any of my profile settings on the forum.

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. I'm fairly tech savvy and this seems so basic, yet I'm completely dumbfounded
Utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
Hello to all!

I'm new to this forum and so far, it's been a great experience!

I'd like to set up a signature in my user profile here, but I've not been able to find this feature under any of my profile settings on the forum.

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. I'm fairly tech savvy and this seems so basic, yet I'm completely dumbfounded
This one comes up regularly. You can't create a signature till you've made a certain number of posts and been a member for a certain period of time. Can't remember the exact figures, but it's not too many.

Basically, stick with us and you'll get that option pretty soon. From memory, it's really obvious under the User CP screen when it's available.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
Utopia
Utopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enoughUtopia will become famous soon enough

I didn't realize this question came up regularly. I should have searched the forum more thoroughly before posting this, so my apologies for that (I hate double posts and I try to avoid it if I can help it...so shame on me).

Also, I thought I was just overlooking a simple setting but I'm glad to see it's just a matter of commenting more over time. Thanks, Bilbo, for clarifying!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Utopia. Don't worry, you're almost there. At ten posts you get all kinds of extra wee bits and bats and can post a profile fine and dandy. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
Utopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Good to have your company, Utopia. Don't worry, you're almost there. At ten posts you get all kinds of extra wee bits and bats and can post a profile fine and dandy. Best wishes. Neil
Good to know! Thanks Neil!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
I didn't realize this question came up regularly. I should have searched the forum more thoroughly before posting this, so my apologies for that (I hate double posts and I try to avoid it if I can help it...so shame on me).
Oh, sorry, Utopia. I really didn't mean that to come across as criticism. No need to feel bad. This is a huge site and it really isn't easy to find anything on it. People are always happy to answer politely asked questions such as yours.

And, welcome to MR!!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
Utopia

No worries, Bilbo. It didn't come across as criticism. I was just beating myself up a little!

No harm, no foul. Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Utopia and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #9
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread....

Around one week after registration and 10 posts should see the option to add a signature appear in your UserCp ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:27 AM   #10
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
You'll find the site more and more familiar and pretty easy to navigate once you settle in a bit, Utopia. Over 100,000 members now, I believe, so it can look a little overwhelming at first. Very best. Neil

PS: And in thanks for some friendly and patient posts so far, here's a little karma to ya to kick you off. N
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #11
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome to MR
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #12
drewwa
drewwa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewwa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewwa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewwa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewwa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewwa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewwa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewwa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewwa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewwa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewwa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC Smartphone
Ah... that explains that then. Better get posting!

Cheers,

Drew.
drewwa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
profile, settings