Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
Polvo
Enthusiast
Polvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G
Edit Browser Bookmarks File

Does anyone know the location of this file and if it can be edited in a text editor?

I'm hoping to change the item order and add a few bookmarklets.
Polvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
I made my own bookmark ebook. I made a document of categorized links (I use Pages on Mac and export it, but you can do it with most word processors) and when I want to update it, I just run it through Calibre or send email to Amazon to convert.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FYI, it's in /var/local/java/prefs/browser/bookmarks_wv

But it's a slightly binary-looking format, and I'm not a java developper, so you'll have to figure out the rest .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
Polvo
Enthusiast
Polvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshes

Thanks, in fact I found it today myself. Perhaps a Java editor can open it? It looks like an array.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Hmm. I have Windows set to show hidden/system/whatever files and folders but do not see that folder or file.

K3 here. I see the system folder.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
Polvo
Enthusiast

FF2, you need to login to the K3 with SSH to see the full file structure. Search the forum for "usbnetwork" for instructions, its pretty easy to do.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
Polvo
Enthusiast

I tried making a simple text edit to the bookmarks file and it wasn't successful, the Kindle just displayed a blank page of bookmarks.

Any ideas how to access the web history or the web cache files anyone?
Old 10-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It's probably somewhere in /var/local... (Not home right now, no way to give an exact location )
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:13 AM   #9
anmipo
anmipo doesn't litteranmipo doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
There is an editor for the bookmarks file. Check this thread.
anmipo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookmarks, browser, ssh