Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 05:30 AM   #1
sgreig
sgreig began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Noobish comic questions and feature request

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to using Calibre, but I'm absolutely loving it so far, and I haven't actually encountered any problems with converting any of my files to epub so far. I'm using the latest binary install on Ubuntu Lucid, just as an fyi.

My question is in regards to creating a cbc file. Is this something I need to create on my own and import into Calibre, or can I select a bunch of comics already in my Calibre library and have the program create it for me? I tried the latter way and couldn't find an option for it, and the user manual/searching this forum hasn't really provided me with the specific answer.

As for my feature request, I was wondering if it would be possible to add one or more of the large online comic book databases to be used when searching to add metadata for comic books. Admittedly, I'm maybe a little OCD with this, but I like all my books, comics included, to have as much accurate metadata as possible for organizing, and most non-tpb comics don't have isbn numbers to search for, making google books and the isbndn somewhat useless in this regard. I'm hoping if I was to create a cbc file of some comics that exist as a tpb, I could use the isbn for that, but this would be incredibly handy for my collection of old single issue comics.

Thanks again for the great work on this program.
sgreig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you have to create cbc file manually. And metadata download is plugin based. You can create plugins to add new sources.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
sgreig

Ok, great. Now I just have one more question. In regards to the cbc files, I manually created one and added it to my library in Calibre, but when I tried to view it, it just opened up a window showing all the files within the cbc. Once imported, do I need to convert the cbc to an epub or something? The way it's written in the user manual, it makes it seem like if you import a cbc file into calibre, it automatically created it into an ebook with a table of contents. I realize that's probably not what happens, but the wording sort of implies it.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you have to convert it
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
sgreig

Great. Thanks for your help and for a great program, Kovid!
Advert