Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
leo315
leo315 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Where are the playlists for the Music player stored on the EE?

Where are the playlists for the Music player stored on the EE?

I have my audio/music files on the external sdcard. And wonder where the playlist files are stored on th e sd card or the internal storage. And if they are XML files or text files of any kind, which could create and save at the right spot to be recognized by the player.
leo315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
I wasn't able to find any playlist files. Possibly Music Player stores them in its internal database (Android apps all have access to their own database for more flexible data storage).

I don't know enough about Android programming yet to know if a person could write a third party app that would be able to read/write data from/to another app's database, thereby import/export/sync playlists.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 02:49 AM   #3
leo315
leo315 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
The answer from EE support

The answer from EE support:

I was not able to locate where the play lists are stored for the Android music player but it will recognize play lists created in the m3u format. If you create an .m3u play list in an application such as WinAmp and open the .m3u file in notepad you can see the format is quite simple. You can use local file references when creating the play list so if you locate the play list in the same folder as the music files, it will just be a listing of the music files.

When music player browses for audio content on the eDGe it will also locate .m3u files and they will be shown under play lists.
leo315 is offline   Reply With Quote