Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Unhappy Where in the world is our desert Granny!

Did she escape from here (and if she did, did she pay the lad at the door?)

Or is she still trying to escape, as I just checked her profile and she was last "seen" here 4 hours ago (but here last post is from last month).

Maybe I shouldn't have made all those remarks about the ugliness of the Kindle...

Maybe, if we all shout hard enough, we'll get her back here!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I'm pretty shure the back door was condemned. Anyone seen Adrian?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I miss her Where are you, I need your stick!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe her Kindle crashed (it probably looked into a mirror) and now she's having withdrawal symptoms?
Old 08-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
It's been a rather slow (and a bit sad) couple of months all around with several members spending a lot less (or no) time here. I kinda miss those days when The Llounge was hopping so fast it was impossible to keep up even if you were dedicated to it full time.

Come back, Grandma!

Last edited by vivaldirules; 08-06-2009 at 10:43 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I've been wondering the same thing! I've seen a few sporadic posts from her, so I know she's still here, but the place just doesn't feel the same without her.

It is summer vacation, though, so maybe she's just busy with family.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #7
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
It's been a rather couple of months all around with several members spending a lot less (or no) time here. I kinda miss those days when The Llounge was hopping so fast it was impossible to keep up even if you were dedicated to it full time.

Come back, Grandma!
We definitely need some of DGma's original polls in the lounge again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wanted_dg.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	33704  
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:19 AM   #8
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Here, Here!!

Ravenne, can you make a few more copies of that poster? I think we should distribute them throughout the forum so that everyone can see them.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Here, Here!!

Ravenne, can you make a few more copies of that poster? I think we should distribute them throughout the forum so that everyone can see them.
Agreed!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #10
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Here, Here!!

I wish I could think of a good way to post those "Wanted" posters around MR. Drat!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #11
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I wish I could think of a good way to post those "Wanted" posters around MR. Drat!
Yeah, me too. Damn!!!! (sorry for shamelessly stealing your idea, VR )
Old 08-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #12
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Yeah, me too. Damn!!!! (sorry for shamelessly stealing your idea, VR )
Me? (doggieleapsforjoyandclaps) I had an idea?
Old 08-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #13
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Me? (doggieleapsforjoyandclaps) I had an idea?

Heh, good dog, sure you had! Let's see if some folks will be joining the avatar madness.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #14
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Remember DG Mobileread is the ebook eqivalent of The 'Hotel California' -

"You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave"
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Did she escape from here (and if she did, did she pay the lad at the door?)

Or is she still trying to escape, as I just checked her profile and she was last "seen" here 4 hours ago (but here last post is from last month).

Maybe I shouldn't have made all those remarks about the ugliness of the Kindle...

Maybe, if we all shout hard enough, we'll get her back here!
Ha! As if your pitiful obviously jealous comments would hurt my feelings.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I miss her Where are you, I need your stick!
The stick is.........oh drat. Where did I put it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Maybe her Kindle crashed (it probably looked into a mirror) and now she's having withdrawal symptoms?
"it looked into a mirror and crashed???" Oh, sweetpea, c'mere a minute.......just a little closer.......

Quote:
It's been a rather couple of months all around with several members spending a lot less (or no) time here. I kinda miss those days when The Llounge was hopping so fast it was impossible to keep up even if you were dedicated to it full time.

Come back, Grandma!
Those were the days, eh?

Quote:
I've been wondering the same thing! I've seen a few sporadic posts from her, so I know she's still here, but the place just doesn't feel the same without her.

It is summer vacation, though, so maybe she's just busy with family.
Quote:
Guess what people??? There is life outside of MR!! No, really and truly!!!

I"ve seen it, experienced it!!!

I
"ve made two quilt tops, and finished one I started over a year ago........just about the time I discovered MR.

I've actually started and finished several books, and started talking with my husband again!

Started a Facebook page, decided it was another time waster (for me!) and disabled.

I never really went away......I kept tabs on you all. Just didn't have a whole lot to say.

Now, school starts again Monday (teachers and volunteers went back Wednesday) so my days will be productive again.

Big hugs to all. (except sweetpea, she gets a 'gentle' reminder its not nice to call other peoples children ugly......................)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote