Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Happy 1st birthday to my Sony reader

I can't believe its 12 months ago that I bought my Blue Sony reader and I think I use it more now that I thought I would at the time.
Its still not on sale here in Australia and I am wondering if we will ever see the PRS505 on sale here.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Happy Birthday to your 505!! I've had mine almost 3 months now, and while I still read alot of paperback books, I love my BLUE 505 more and more each time I read a book on it.

Happy Reading
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Nice... but can the blue one blow out the candles?

(Didn't think so... )

Shoulda gotten a silver one.

Congrats on a year well spent! Nothing like reading a good book on a Sony! Do you feel that you read more because of your reader than you would have reading paper books? Personally, I'm estimating that I read an extra two books a month more! You?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
chaznsc
Connoisseur
chaznsc began at the beginning.

Device: Mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

(Didn't think so... )

The blue one can LIGHT the candles!
chaznsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Happy Birthday to your 505. I've had mine for over a year and a half and love it
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

(Didn't think so... )

Congrats on a year well spent! Nothing like reading a good book on a Sony! Do you feel that you read more because of your reader than you would have reading paper books? Personally, I'm estimating that I read an extra two books a month more! You?

Stitchawl
I used to read one normal length(~300 pages)paperback about every 2 weeks now I read 1 to 1 1/2 ebooks a week so I am reading a lot more now. I think it is the flexibility that is the main reason. I don't have to wait until I go to the book shop to buy another pbook to read.

hnoto, my sony reader sends big thanks for the nice Birthday card
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #9
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
I have had mine for 14 months now and I still use it every day. I just recently got an iPhone 3G and have 3 different ebook readers installed on it, including the Kindle app but have yet to use one instead of my 505.

I think it will continue this way. I love my 505 (which is silver but you would never know as it is skinned to look like an old worn leather book)
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #10
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Happy b'day to your reader!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote