Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #16
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisreed View Post
Closeups here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...790548&sr=1-20
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #17
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
@ Andy
if you purchase one can you review it because I am on the fence about them...
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #18
Silverexpress
Silverexpress began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
The only issue I have with the OEM cover is that it doesn't protect the raised buttons.

Can someone verify that this M-edge does not press against the raised buttons. I exchanged a PRS-700 already due to a button that was pushed in.
I fixed the new one by adding rubber buttons (with adhesive backing) along the outer edge of the cover. It works beautifully.
Silverexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem I have is that while shipping is free on the cover due to the price, the light isn't available and thus when it is, I'd have to pay shipping on it. That's not fair.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #20
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
@ Andy
if you purchase one can you review it because I am on the fence about them...
Oh I most defiantly will buy it. and I most defiantly review it for you guys with lots of pic.

though I'm certain my GF will kill me if I buy it, so I have to wait for her to get home. I will probably have it next Friday or the week after.

they look good, I've got to decide on the color, right now I'm torn between red, and grey/black

Last edited by Andybaby; 05-08-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #21
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
Oh I most defiantly will buy it. and I most defiantly review it for you guys with lots of pic.

though I'm certain my GF will kill me if I buy it, so I have to wait for her to get home. I will probably have it next Friday or the week after.

they look good, I've got to decide on the color, right now I'm torn between red, and grey/black
I bought the grey/black, therefore, you must buy the red!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:52 PM   #22
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
OMG this is FANTASTIC,I have been struggling with my 700 in the 505 case- now I just can't decide the color to get.I like that it has pockets -I'll probably use for memory cards,business cards,and my personalized index note cards..simply superb-can't wait to order !!!!!
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:59 PM   #23
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Yippee! I love the Sapphire blue cover and I've got a $25 Amazon gift certificate staring at me as I type! Maybe it'll be my Mother's Day present to myself!!

Actually it is! I couldn't resist! I hope to give you lots of good feedback on it when it arrives!

Last edited by rebarnmom; 05-08-2009 at 11:23 PM.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:01 AM   #24
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I bought the grey/black, therefore, you must buy the red!

Sayhello
I just did. I want some color in my life. my GF just bought me the red one
Old 05-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #25
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
I just did. I want some color in my life. my GF just bought me the red one
Congrats! I hope they show up soon! I'm pretty excited here!

Sayhello
Old 05-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #26
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Those jackets/cover look nice but unfortunately the Sony versions don't seem to take advantage of Sony's ingenious way of clipping the cover into the reader. I Don't like seeing two to four elastic bands strapping the corner of the PRS which looks very inelegant, especially when there are two built-in holes on the PRS specifically to clip in the cover.

C'mon M-Edge. You can do MUCH better than that!
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #27
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
Ah. I see. I'm perfectly happy with the one that came with the 700. But I suppose that could change if I saw a cool replacement.
I like the one that came with the 700 too, especially because it has such an ingenious way to clip into the reader giving the reader a really good book-like feel. The other covers that clip into the corners are very "blah" for me.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #28
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
Those jackets/cover look nice but unfortunately the Sony versions don't seem to take advantage of Sony's ingenious way of clipping the cover into the reader. I Don't like seeing two to four elastic bands strapping the corner of the PRS which looks very inelegant, especially when there are two built-in holes on the PRS specifically to clip in the cover.

C'mon M-Edge. You can do MUCH better than that!
I actually prefer the corners of the m-edge. I don't like when I open the reader, there is an Inch of crappy plastic leather right where my hand holds it, and digs into my hand
Old 05-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #29
sayhello
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
I like the one that came with the 700 too, especially because it has such an ingenious way to clip into the reader giving the reader a really good book-like feel. The other covers that clip into the corners are very "blah" for me.
Unfortunately, Sony's "ingenious" clip is also extremely fragile & breakable, and I have *TWO* totally useless Sony covers because they "idiotically" broke. Without trauma or droppage. Just broke. And Sony offers no replacement parts.

I'd much rather have nice, sturdy leather corner strips. (Only one has a bit of elastic, to allow you to insert or remove the reader). Just my opinion. Been burnt twice, trying something different this time.

Sayhello
Old 05-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #30
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Unfortunately, Sony's "ingenious" clip is also extremely fragile & breakable, and I have *TWO* totally useless Sony covers because they "idiotically" broke. Without trauma or droppage. Just broke. And Sony offers no replacement parts.

I'd much rather have nice, sturdy leather corner strips. (Only one has a bit of elastic, to allow you to insert or remove the reader). Just my opinion. Been burnt twice, trying something different this time.

Sayhello
yeah the clips on my sony case are a little white like they would get from bending plastic. especially the top clip, I don't expect it to last another 5 months