Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-02-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Abraxus
Abraxus began at the beginning.

Device: x50v (and soon a Cybook)
Just ordered... wish me luck!

Hey all -

Well, I've taken the plunge and just ordered a Cybook through NAEB's site.

After asking a few questions (and doing a bunch of research), I decided to pay a bit more and get the Gen3 over the Sony. Why? I'm glad you asked!

1) Support for Mobipocket format. Although I tend to store my ebooks in plain text format, if I was going to be forced to get a proprietary filetype, I figured that the (currently) most ubiquitous format would be the smart way to go.

2) Potential development of new features/filetypes. In my research, it seems as though Bookeen is interested in adding features to their software, as well as eventual support for ePub formats (it would be nice to get one format for my collection), whereas it doesn't seem as though Sony is quite there. Just my impression, though.

3) Multiple font support. I don't know if any of you are like me, but while I will settle on one font for most reading, I sometimes like to read in a different font for different reasons. For me, some types of writing lend themselves to a font that allows for a different 'feel' of layout (technical writing/manual as opposed to a novel, for example). Besides, I like the freedom to choose

Anyway, just wanted to let you know, and warn you that I'll probably be asking questions, and giving feedback as I go.

NOTE: Assuming I understand the counter on NAEB's homepage, I was order #53. According to the text there, I believe they will place the order when 60 units have been ordered. So (from a purely selfish perspective), if there are 7 more 'undecideds' out there, order your Cybook today!
Abraxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
tygirwulf
tygirwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Nintendo DS
I just ordered one from NAEB, too! I've been waffling on getting this thing for a few months, but I finally decided my eyes can't take any more reading from backlit screens. Now for the wait!
tygirwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Good luck! I hope you won't need it. :P
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Good Luck Abraxus & tygirwulf, let us know how this works our for you
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #5
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Hope it works well. Please post how you like it. I am still considering which one to purchase and would love to hear from you.
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert