Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #16
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I live in often sunny Florida and sometimes read outside in direct sun. I always try to hold screen at angle giving best screen contrast without sun reflecting off screen into my eyes. Direct sun at some angles can interfere with IR page turns. Some have posted Sun can overheat Kobo readers so they stop working until they cool.

Eink displays are not made by Kobo and it seems like Kindle had one year exclusive on newest Carta Displays.
http://www.eink.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_Ink
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #17
tsolignani
Zealot
tsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: iPad
Thank you. Well, using it under the sun is the main point in having a kobo, otherwise I would have used an iDevice, which I prefer way to much, but you cannot use in sunny condition unfortunately.

Thank you.
tsolignani is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
contrast, eink, electronic paper, screen