Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #961
Calleja
Enthusiast
Calleja began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I'm actually asking about that last bit, will the hack actually work after re-installing, do we know yet?
Calleja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #962
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Calleja: Yup, it does.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #963
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Just to be doubly-careful: I presume the fonts hack also will continue to work?

And does the jailbreak actually survive the update, or does it have to be reinstalled?

It's not worth updating to Amazon's latest firmware if I run ANY risk of losing your fantastic hacks!

Thanks in advance.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #964
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@rogerinnyc: I suppose so, not sure if anyone tried it yet. I hope to have time to check later tonight.

Yep, the JB survives, no need to reinstall it.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #965
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Font hack works fine on PW2 5.4.3. (As do KUAL in the limited usage I give it, and Aeris' Battery Percentage hack.) I updated these, along with the screensaver hack, when I went to 5.4.3 last night, and have seen no problems so far.

Now that PW1/5.4.4 is out, those will need to be checked too. Haven't seen if anyone's tried that update yet with the jailbreak.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #966
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@VictoriaP: Thanks .
Old 03-06-2014, 06:02 PM   #967
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@dsmid: Your changes will be in the next snapshots (which should be up later tonight).

Thanks! .
Old 03-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #968
hanog
Enthusiast
hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hmm... When I try update python I got Error 006
PW1 FW 5.4.4
I tried snapshot and stable release.
Of course I use Update command from menu not the restart device function.
Any suggestion?
hanog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #969
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@hanog: Corrupt file.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #970
hanog
Enthusiast
hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe the device partition corrupted. I tried 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, New download 0.9 from snapshot. I will try a hard reset.

Edit:
Not worked. Error 006 continously.
1. Reset the device
2. Jailbreak from snapshot - Updated succsesfully
3. Python from snapshot - Update Error 006

PW1, FW 5.4.4

Last edited by hanog; 03-08-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:39 AM   #971
Noexpert
As Above
Noexpert began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 & PW3

Hanog

FYI. I have the exactly the same problem when updating PW to 5.4.4. In short, Jailbreak is fine. Not happy with Python. Error 006.

Spent most of yesterday reading posts and trying everything within my limited abilities [bar calling Amazon tech dept.]
Noexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:52 AM   #972
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
@Noexpert, @hanog

Install the recently updated jailbreak:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645

You should then be able to install python.

See this post for a few details.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...92#post2782392
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:59 AM   #973
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@hanog & @Noexpert: My bad, @JimmyR is completely right, that was the byproduct of the semi-broken JB.

Thanks, JimmyR .
Old 03-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #974
hanog
Enthusiast

Thank You JimmyR and NiLuJe!
Old 03-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #975
Noexpert
As Above
Noexpert began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 & PW3
Seconded by me. Many thanks JimmyR & NiLuJe

I'm going to sound like Columbo now ... just one more thing.
The cover mode is not working correctly on my PW [cover of the last book opened ]. In other words, when a book is opened the device displays a random cover in Sleep mode and then keeps that cover for all subsequent books that are opened. N.B. Cover and Stretch (no ext) are in the Linkss folder.

I have read and followed the advice in NOTES & TROUBLESHOOTING. And I have noticed that the my PW device-time keeps changing by some minutes when the Kindle is restarted? I correct it, but when restarted it's wrong again. One more thing, and I could be mistaken here, but did the file bg_medium_ss00.png in the screensaver folder change from the default cover (Screensaver Hack has been successfully installed) to the current open book cover? If it did, it doesn't now on my device. It remains as per the default cover. I'll keep digging away, but any help would be appreciated.
Noexpert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch