Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-26-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
jnewell
jnewell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage; Kindle 2
Kindle Voyage Flex / Noise With PagePress

I just got a Voyage (an Amazon refurb). In a quiet room, I notice that there's a slight flex when I press the PagePress strip on the right hand side (doesn't happen on the left side). It's pretty subtle - I actually don't notice it if there's any ambient noise, and I can't really detect the movement of the top/screen against the rear/bezel in my hands.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this? Thanks for your replies.
jnewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:03 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You're probably pressing the haptic feedback buttons.

As long as you don't get electrocuted, you should enjoy your book.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:15 PM   #3
jnewell

Thank you - I am pressing the PagePress strip (is that what you mean by the feedback buttons?), but it's not the haptic feedback. It's as if the right side didn't get glued down correctly.

Last edited by jnewell; 07-26-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:51 PM   #4
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewell View Post
I just got a Voyage (an Amazon refurb). In a quiet room, I notice that there's a slight flex when I press the PagePress strip on the right hand side (doesn't happen on the left side). It's pretty subtle - I actually don't notice it if there's any ambient noise, and I can't really detect the movement of the top/screen against the rear/bezel in my hands.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this? Thanks for your replies.
FWIW, there is faint noise from *every* model of Kindle when the page turns: at least, I've heard it on K4, PW1, and Oasis, and I have no reason to doubt that it's intrinsic to every model.

It might be an effect of shifting power loads during the pulse of electrical field activity needed to drag the e-ink capsules into new positions.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:03 PM   #5
jnewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
FWIW, there is faint noise from *every* model of Kindle when the page turns: at least, I've heard it on K4, PW1, and Oasis, and I have no reason to doubt that it's intrinsic to every model.

It might be an effect of shifting power loads during the pulse of electrical field activity needed to drag the e-ink capsules into new positions.
This is different, I think. It doesn't happen using the touchscreen to turn pages, and the left and right sides are clearly different. You can see a slight compression of the edge of the screen against the bezel on the RH side. The LH is completely solid.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:05 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Can you post a picture?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:20 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Yes, please post an image - following our Posting Guidelines, of course - and let us see what the issue is.

It sounds like one side is defective, for whatever reason.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:33 PM   #8
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewell View Post
Thank you - I am pressing the PagePress strip (is that what you mean by the feedback buttons?), but it's not the haptic feedback. It's as if the right side didn't get glued down correctly.
If you bought it at Amazon you could return it for another refurb Voyage. They are guaranteed for one year since purchase date. I would try that ,if it's not glued properly. Even if it just looks different than the other side. Somethings not right.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:37 PM   #9
jnewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Can you post a picture?
Will do tomorrow. You really can't see much. The issue seems to be that that side isn't glued together well, or perhaps the slide-on bezel is a slightly looser fit on that side. It's pretty subtle.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:52 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Then do like Wearever says and return it.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:36 AM   #11
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Get it replaced now rather than waiting to see if it gets worse.
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote