Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
jomarch
jomarch began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
azw convert for iphone

hi - i have a disc of ebooks with an azw tag which i am trying to move to my iphone. does anyone know how to do this? i have a kindle as well in the house - whereas i can move a book to the kindle, it wont transmit to the new device (iphone) even with the kindle app loaded. any help would be greatly appreciated - i am so frustrated! great books and i cant access them. thanks to all.
jomarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
There's no easy way to do this, but there's advice on this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ideload+kindle
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Is your iPhone a registered device as shown on the Manage Your Kindle web page?
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
If you have a Kindle and these books can be read on the Kindle then they are obviously drm'd with your Kindle PID. You have several solutions to authorize them for your iPhone. The easiest, in my mind is to obtain your PID with a python script called KindlePID and then add the PID along with the mobidedrm script to Calibre. I like Stanza on my iTouch to read my ebooks and set it up to share my Calibre library via wifi. You should find detailed directions for these solutions here on this website

I believe that you can also use ibook with Calibre and transfer ebooks via iTunes.
cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:22 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
If you have a Kindle and these books can be read on the Kindle then they are obviously drm'd with your Kindle PID.
Not "obviously" at all. They may be DRM-free books, in which case the easiest thing to do is convert them to ePub format with Calibre, and read them with iBooks on the iPhone.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert