Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
iBooks 1.1.2? Already?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibooks/id364709193?mt=8

wha?

was "Addresses a minor issue when updating iBooks" part of 1.1.1?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
what's wrong with bug fixes and updates?

i just hope some reviewer doesn't reject one that apple developers submit. lol.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
I think the point is that we have had two updates for ibooks on two days
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
No big deal, but am always glad for the attention....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:14 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhudston View Post
I think the point is that we have had two updates for ibooks on two days
No. 1.1.1 was released four days before 1.1.2.

I'm very pleased to see that installing this update did not mess up my bookshelf order. Hopefully that means that that problem is now fixed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 03:57 AM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
So what ?
Update, then an update to fix the leftover bugs. Everything is normal.
Better to publish the few quick fixes, than wait for the next big update to do that.
Nobody's perfect
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:26 AM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
what's wrong with bug fixes and updates?

When I bought my iPad, I was on the phone 3 hours with Apple tech support trying to get iTunes to install. What are the odds that the iTunes upgrade will go smoothly for me?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:28 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I guess the question is whether or not you found out why it wouldn't install previously. If you do know, then you can make sure that the same problem doesn't occur with the new version.

Problems with iTunes seem to be relatively rare. I've installed it on many computers and never had a problem.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:52 AM   #9
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
The update also significantly improved the PDF reader. This is now my prefered reader for these documents.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:54 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Goodreader is still better for handling PDF then iBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #11
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I guess the question is whether or not you found out why it wouldn't install previously. If you do know, then you can make sure that the same problem doesn't occur with the new version.

Problems with iTunes seem to be relatively rare. I've installed it on many computers and never had a problem.
That's easy for you to say, you won't be the one on the phone again!
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #12
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Goodreader is still better for handling PDF then iBooks.
Jon, have you used both PDF readers on the IPAD. I much prefer the bookshelf view for PDF's in Ibooks, I also prefer the way the docuements are displayed when reading. A much smoother readign experience as far as I am concerned than Goodreader.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:04 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like how it's easy with Goodreader to crop the margins to be able to zoom in and it works very well.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #14
sianon
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I like how it's easy with Goodreader to crop the margins to be able to zoom in and it works very well.
That wasn't exactly the answer to the question asked.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

sianon is now using iBooks as a PDF reader. I was trying to point out that Goodreader is still better then iBooks for handling PDF.