Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Please vote only if you have OVER 10K posts and/or 100K karma
I have over 10,000 posts (and over 100,000 karma points) 1 8.33%
I have over 10,000 posts (and under 100,000 karma points) 0 0%
I have under 10,000 posts (but over 100,000 karma points) 3 25.00%
I have under 10,000 posts (and voted but didn't read the instructions) 5 41.67%
Aside: Please COMMENT with your current Posts Per Day average 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Cool Statistics Gathering: 10K Posts Club with a Karma major

In this thread, Kovid Goyal wondered out load (in print) who the top posters at Mobileread.com were (and so did I), so to that end, I am creating this Poll to:

(1) lure the Top Posters here and

(2) asking them to post a comment indicating their current Posts Per Day average!

At the end of the Poll, I'll try to summarize the findings and hopefully crown a King and QUEEN ( )...

EDIT:
TOP 12 POSTERS
FINAL STANDINGS (July 30, 2010):
  1. HarryT Total Posts: 28,951 karma: Not Relevant Posts per Day: 21.55
  2. zelda_pinwheel Total Posts: 27,448 karma: 138598 Posts per Day: 28.50
  3. JSWolf Total Posts: 19,245 karma: Not Relevant Posts per Day: 14.20
  4. pilotbob Total Posts: 14,908 karma: Not Relevant Posts per Day: 11.62
  5. GeoffC Total Posts: 14,011 karma: 104544 Posts per Day: 15.97
  6. Alexander Turcic Total Posts: 13,265 karma: Not Relevant Posts per Day: 4.68
  7. kovidgoyal Total Posts: 12,337 karma: Not Relevant Posts per Day: 8.99
  8. Patricia Total Posts: 11,545 karma: 123157 Posts per Day: 9.86
  9. NatCh Total Posts: 11,531 karma: Not Relevant Posts per Day: 7.03
  10. pshrynk Total Posts: 11,115 karma: 127842 Posts per Day: 13.17
  11. kennyc Total Posts: 10,423 karma: 122290 Posts per Day: 31.57
  12. desertgrandma Total Posts: 10,262 karma: Not Relevant Posts per Day: 13.02
Cumulative Total Post count of the above Top Posters is approx. 185,000 posts or just over 18% of the Mobileread.com Total Posts!

About 1/6th the chatter here comes from these individuals!

...And now you know!

Last edited by nrapallo; 07-31-2010 at 09:02 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
15.71 posts per day .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2010, 03:41 AM   #3
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Posts Per Day: 10.58

With the amount of time that I am spending on MR (with a big return in terms of enjoyment), I could increase it, maybe by 50%. But being loquacious ...

@ Nick. The percentages in the poll results include the comments, not only the actual votes. I am sure that you are well aware of it (as you built the poll). Great idea.

That's our destiny, working for a lazy Administration. May not lazy but just busy in more important things.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:57 AM   #4
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting stats.

Postings 7 days until 22 July ...
  1. h_t 352
  2. kennyc 265
  3. geoffc 212
  4. recluse 199
  5. wt sharpe 156
  6. javed 143
  7. yleterrible 138
  8. poohbear_nc 125
  9. tgs 114
  10. glowhappy 94
Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
@ Nick. The percentages in the poll results include the comments, not only the actual votes. I am sure that you are well aware of it (as you built the poll). Great idea.
Yes, the percentages will be out of whack, but I'm not looking to summarize those; just the Posters that have >10K posts so that we can compile their cumulative post count in descending order.

And if they don't make it here to post, I guess I (or anyone else) will just post their Post count AND Post per Day average so that it CAN be included in the final summary.

Let's see, who's missing so far... Zelda, HarryT, Patricia, ...

Last edited by nrapallo; 07-23-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Advert
Old 07-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #6
GeoffC

10 hours !

Not many votes/comments ....
Old 07-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Not many votes/comments ....
Well, I can't vote, but the Top Posters can and should....

hey, it's not an ebay auction where "sniping" at the end is a posting strategy...
Old 07-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #8
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Well, I can't vote, but the Top Posters can and should....

hey, it's not an ebay auction where "sniping" at the end is a posting strategy...

Is it not ?

Perhaps you ought to add a deadline ... that might concentrate minds somewhat.

Where's h_t and recluse is what I want to know ......
Old 07-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #9
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I post a lot.

I generally try to greet all of the new people on the introduction thread in hopes that even more people join our most-of-the-time happy lounge family. I sometimes wonder why we all dont do that. I post 50-70 times a day. Keep in mind that 3 of the months I have been on this site I was not active.

I like to take part in every thread / conversation. I try and make my posts relevant to the thread I am posting in. I think that we should ALL at least give our opinion once in any thread a lounge member creates. In my opinion (and only my opinion) it is impolite to let someone's thread go by without a single response. That is like a big "we dont care enough to respond" to me.

I do not like it when people call us high posters spammers. There is a difference between someone who tries to contribute to a thread vs someone who gets on a thread and says haha or +1 for post count. The exception to this would be the few of us that like to toss zingers or one-liners back and forth. *shrug* if you take that away then I think the forum would be a dull dry place.

Keep in mind that some threads actually call for a 1 post reply...

Sometimes the forum moves too slow for me. This is a very small site but is filled with high quality people. I generally post on three sites and this at the moment in tied for first.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #10
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Perhaps you ought to add a deadline ... that might concentrate minds somewhat.
Yes, I agree and that's why under the Poll Question, it shows on my screen:
Code:
This poll will close on 07-30-2010 at 12:38 AM EST
Just seven more days to go...
Old 07-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #11
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I think that we should ALL at least give our opinion once in any thread a lounge member creates. In my opinion (and only my opinion) it is impolite to let someone's thread go by without a single response. That is like a big "we dont care enough to respond" to me.
I would agree to a point. The point I'd stop at would be where the post is flamebait or a troll - those I just ignore because they're stupid

The other ones I try ignore is where someone is, in my opinion, talking out of their a_ _. In those cases I'd rather say nothing than to start another heated discussion.

Also, some of us simply don't have the time to reply or comment in every thread. So we have to pick them a bit more selectively ... hmmm four word post thread or what's the question ....
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #12
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I'd need to post all day long for the next week, or get a mongo boost in karma in order to participate. so I'm just posting (and NOT voting!) and not letting this post go by without responding instead.... I heard somewhere that's the polite thing to do

(hey, I've been on vacation for 7 weeks! posting on a blackberry SUCKS!)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #13
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I would agree to a point. The point I'd stop at would be where the post is flamebait or a troll - those I just ignore because they're stupid

The other ones I try ignore is where someone is, in my opinion, talking out of their a_ _. In those cases I'd rather say nothing than to start another heated discussion.
I agree. An exception I forgot to mention.

Keep in mind people that I did say that I was speaking my opinion.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:20 AM   #14
GeoffC

the end is closing on us rapidly .....
Old 07-25-2010, 06:40 AM   #15
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
(2) asking them to post a comment indicating their current Posts Per Day average!
I'm not aware of anyone who has a higher average than happy_terd.

38.80 posts per day! Seven-and-a-half thousand posts in seven-and-a-half months. That's remarkable.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote