Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #23116
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I *knew* there were Americans who were equally passionate about how to brew coffee, and claimed that some was absolute swill. Glad somebody finally spoke up! And I don't even know if it *was* an American.

A lurker
drinking English Breakfast mixed with Earl Grey, from tea bags, alas!
Yes, I am... but I am not a coffee sob. I also hang around a coffee forum so I can put on a good show, but... got Folgers in my cup this morning... to them thats like ummm calling Lipton tea I guess.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #23117
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Black Coffee. Afternoon version, which is decaffy-wotsit.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #23118
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Yes, I am... but I am not a coffee sob. I also hang around a coffee forum so I can put on a good show, but... got Folgers in my cup this morning... to them thats like ummm calling Lipton tea I guess.
Back in 2001, on a ferry boat off the coast of peninsular Malaysia, we met a young Swedish fellow who referred to Folger's as "Prisoner Coffee." When we asked him why, he said that in Swedish jails, Folger's is the coffee that is served in the mess hall! I don't know if it's reliable info or not, but I'll can still see his face as he described it.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #23119
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Back in 2001, on a ferry boat off the coast of peninsular Malaysia, we met a young Swedish fellow who referred to Folger's as "Prisoner Coffee." When we asked him why, he said that in Swedish jails, Folger's is the coffee that is served in the mess hall! I don't know if it's reliable info or not, but I'll can still see his face as he described it.

Stitchawl
It is inexpensive, so believable. They probably would brew it weak at a guess to save money.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #23120
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
It is inexpensive, so believable. They probably would brew it weak at a guess to save money.
*shudders*

Any brand of coffee if made weak is horrendous.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #23121
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
*shudders*

My Navy buddies tell me they had the complete opposite problem when the Navy made them coffee...
Old 01-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #23122
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
My Grandfather used to make coffee that you could tar the roof with...at least that is how my Dad described it.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #23123
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Water that used to have ice in it, in my cup.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #23124
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Just some water and I'm off to bed.

@ Iri: Photos plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
There are directions on the bags the tea comes in. I copy those onto a sticky I put on the tea tins I use. Easy peasy. The kettle has 6 temperatures programmed in so I press the right button and wait for the water. It is not too hard to watch the clock or use a timer. (shrugs)

Pu-Erh in one cup. Oatmeal in the other.
I consider that pretty complicated already

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
*shudders*

Actually everything made weak is horrendous
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #23125
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
Actually everything made weak is horrendous
Except being made weak at the knees in the right way.

Water that used to be iced in my cup. But a fresh cup from when last I commented.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #23126
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Looks like someone needs to hold up the tea drinker's honour here. A mug of Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend, brewed for three minutes at 200°F. But honestly, I am going to have to find a new breakfast blend. This is almost gone.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #23127
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Medicinal Guinness!

[molar is extracted!]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #23128
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Medicinal Guinness!

[molar is extracted!]
Yay! And keep taking the medicine!

Red wine medicine in my cup.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #23129
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Yay Pooh! And you survived to tell us the tale -- way to go!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #23130
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I'm glad the tooth extraction went well, pooh.

Goodness, I could do with a Coca-cola just now. But I shall make do with iced water until February.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?