Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
Liquidsilver
Liquidsilver began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Help Please,Book goes blank from page 23 or so onwards

I been having a problem with my Sony PRS 505 reader,the pages keep going blank from around the 23rd page or so when I try to use text size medium or large.The pages do show up if the font size is kept at small,but I can just about barely make out the words in that size. These are books I downloaded off rapidshare and they are in PDF format.
I'm not very tech savvy and would appreciate some help 'cos I'm dying to read these book.
Thank you
Liquidsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:16 AM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidsilver View Post
I been having a problem with my Sony PRS 505 reader,the pages keep going blank from around the 23rd page or so when I try to use text size medium or large.The pages do show up if the font size is kept at small,but I can just about barely make out the words in that size. These are books I downloaded off rapidshare and they are in PDF format.
I'm not very tech savvy and would appreciate some help 'cos I'm dying to read these book.
Thank you
If they're PDF it's possible the blank pages are there because PDF is notoriously ugly to render on most e-reading devices. These blank pages might happen every so often when you increase font size, but if you flip forward, the text should return. Of course, it's possible you just got some dodgy files. Either which way, PDF is not an optimal format for the PRS-505.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
Tinderbox (UK)
Connoisseur
Tinderbox (UK) began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle DXG
you could see if calibre can convert the pdf to another format, eg epub or lrf
Tinderbox (UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:33 AM   #4
Liquidsilver
Liquidsilver began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thank you both for replying.
I've tried flipping forward several pages and the screen still remains blank. I didn't know PDF was not a good format for PRS-505.
I'm going to try to convert the text to another format through calibre and see what happens.
both so much for your help!
Liquidsilver is offline   Reply With Quote