Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #151
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Heh .... why stop there??
yeh,

second
thirds and fourth sequels too....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:31 AM   #152
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Heh .... why stop there??
you know, i almost wrote that myself (or something like it) and then i thought, hm, better not take it too far...

i shouldn't have worried.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #153
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
you know, i almost wrote that myself (or something like it) and then i thought, hm, better not take it too far...

We got your back, QZ!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #154
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

you should have known how we operate .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #155
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
We got your back, QZ!
aw, thanks y'all...
Old 08-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #156
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I like the pied piper idea better. I can imagine that all the kids end up in some happier place with people who actually take care of them, rather than leaving them alone all day.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #157
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I like the pied piper idea better. I can imagine that all the kids end up in some happier place with people who actually take care of them, rather than leaving them alone all day.
i would be immeasurably pleased with that solution.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #158
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I liked La Reine Margot as well, Ricky. Wonderful cinematography. I've uploaded the book that was used as the source (Dumas: Marguerite de Valois).
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #159
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I liked La Reine Margot as well, Ricky. Wonderful cinematography. I've uploaded the book that was used as the source (Dumas: Marguerite de Valois).
I was also planning on downloading the book, if it is available. I found the character really fascinating. And ... the actress who portrayed her is simply one of the most beautiful creatures I have ever seen.

I was really prepared not to like her at first ... but then she turned out to be such a noble person. And her poor brother, Charles. The wrong type of person to be born into a family like that. He really would have been much happier as just a regular working stiff.

I'm planning to do a little research into the history of the characters ... I'm very curious about the massacre and related incidents, and as to what happened to some of the ancillary characters (to the extent they are based on actual people, that is).

I do know (or at least I think I know) that the Dukes of Anjou became the Plantagenets ... so I'm curious to see if there is any relation of the Duke of Anjou and the early Plantagenet Kings of England. Probably not ... but it's the kind of thing I'm really interested in.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #160
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
I do know (or at least I think I know) that the Dukes of Anjou became the Plantagenets ... so I'm curious to see if there is any relation of the Duke of Anjou and the early Plantagenet Kings of England. Probably not ... but it's the kind of thing I'm really interested in.
Not quite. The Plantaganets had ruled in both France and England. But the Saint Bartholemew day massacre was in 1572. Elizabeth I was Queen of England. She was a Tudor. There had been plans for her to marry the Duc d'Anjou but it never came off. (In the film, 'Elizabeth' he's portrayed as a cross-dresser.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #161
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oooo - now I'm gonna have to look up that movie. I enjoy following that kind of stuff too. Anglophile, you know -- I love reading about the kings & queens of Britain. And all the associated other royalties on the continent!

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 08-08-2008 at 06:05 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:32 PM   #162
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Not quite. The Plantaganets had ruled in both France and England. But the Saint Bartholemew day massacre was in 1572. Elizabeth I was Queen of England. She was a Tudor. There had been plans for her to marry the Duc d'Anjou but it never came off. (In the film, 'Elizabeth' he's portrayed as a cross-dresser.)
No, Patricia .... I realize that. What I was saying, is that if the Plantagenet Kings were from the House of Anjou ... even if it was about 300 years prior ... they might have had some common ancestors. So, for example Edward III might have been some great great great (and so on) uncle or grandfather to the Duke of Anjou who became Henri III.

That's the sort of relationship I meant. I do know that the Tudors were on the throne of England during the Saint Bartholomew Day massacre and that the Plantagenets were last on the throne with Edward III. Not my point.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #163
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
but i agree, enquiring minds want to know just what exactly tiggers eat.
Extract of malt.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #164
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I'm watching the open ceremony for the Olympics. I hadn't planned to watch, but the TV was on this channel when I turned it on. Wow! If I heard right, there are 15,000 performers. It's beautiful!

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #165
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
oooohhhhhhhhhh.

Recovering from one of the most sudden onsets of "flu" type symptoms I'd ever encountered. Walked out of my daughters house at 3:16. By the time I got two door away, to my house, I knew I was in trouble. Got into my jammies, and crawled into bed. I could NOT get warm, shaking like a leaf. 15 minutes after that, whatever was in my stomach was gone......crawled back into bed and slept for an hour. Fever about gone, husband gave me saltines and ice water. Yum. Now he's making me top ramen......I try that in about an hour. I still hurt, bad, but don't feel quite like I'm about to die......I don't know what I did, but I promise God I won't do it again!!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?